- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
Business & Administration
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
- Apprenticeship Standard
HR support (ST0239)
Chellow Heights Special School
Chellow Heights school is a large special school which is located on two separate sites. Both sites offer exceptional learning environments for our pupils which enhance their learning and quality life experiences.
The West site has an amazing opportunity for a professional, dedicated apprentice to complete a Level 3 HR Apprenticeship, delivered by an award winning training provider, Realise.
Working to the priorities set by the HR
Manager/Headteacher, duties will include but not be limited to;
- Undertake reception duties, answering complex telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors
- Provide an effective and efficient administrative service, including the full range of administrative duties.
- To provide prompt and effective information, advice and access to services provided by the School to parents/carers, governors, community groups, members of the public and other agencies.
- Create and maintain manual/electronic filing and information systems, including those of outside agencies e.g. DfE.
- Maintain and collate pupil reports.
- Complex data inputting of computerised records/ management information systems, including payroll systems.
- Undertake confidential and routine administration, e.g. documents and reports, responding to complex letters and emails/maintaining and updating distribution lists/registers/school meals/arranging and coordinating support team meetings as well as other school meetings on behalf of school staff and governors/room bookings/minute taking/retrieve and disseminate information as appropriate to the needs of the school/school lettings and other uses of school premises.
- Maintaining stock and supplies, processing orders, checking delivery notes and invoices ensuring they are correctly recorded, cataloguing and distributing as required with regular audits of resources.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Organise and arrange school events/trips etc.
- Assist with marketing and promotion of the school, developing constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies and professionals.
- To act in accordance with the Data Protection Act and maintain confidentiality at all times e.g. access to staff/student/parent and carers files.
- Accept and commit to the principles underlying the Schools Equal Rights policies and practices
The role is 30 hours a week over 39 weeks (term time only), however the successful candidate must be available to work during school hours during term time and a willingness to be flexible as may be required to attend staff meetings/ training sessions outside of usual hours.
Benefits for this fantastic role include;
- Local Authority Pension Scheme
- 13 weeks holiday!
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellbeing initiatives throughout the year
- Various events running in school throughout the year
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 242632)
Company website : https://www.chellowheightsschool.co.uk/
- Excellent communication skills including telephone/reception skills.
- Experience in the use of complex databases and other software packages with an advanced level of word processing/typing skills e.g. Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook etc.).
- Be willing, courteous and able to work both using your own initiative and in a team.
- Respect confidentiality.
Maths & English GCSE or willingness to complete functional skills level 2
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Chellow Heights will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
You will be working towards the Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 3 HR Support Standard
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
This will be delivered through Chellow Height’s dedicated training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late 2020.
- Team player
- Sense of humour
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Resilient, flexible and hard working
HR Administrator role with potential for further training
On the main bus route
DBS required – paid for by school
This post may include a degree of manual lifting and handling. You are expected to be aware of health and safety polices and procedures and frequently assess your ability to carry out the lifting tasks required of you.
Bradford Council/This school is an Equal Opportunities Employer and requires its employees to comply with all current equality policies in terms of equal opportunity for employment and access to the Council Services.
The Council/This school is committed, where possible, to making any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job role and the working environment that would enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.