- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner (ST0888)
KME Nurseries Limited t/a Cub
KME Nurseries Limited t/a Cub are looking or Level 2 Early Years Practitioners to join their them!
Role description / key accountabilities:
- To work as a responsible, motivated team member, provide quality care and education to children, and work in positive partnership with parents and carers, while working towards a full and relevant qualification.
- To work as a Key Person to a small group of children; this role includes:
- To build warm, supportive relationships with children based on trust and respect
- To work in positive partnerships with parents and carers, and sharing information promptly and professionally
- To complete ongoing observations, and accurate assessments of children
- To use assessments, alongside your knowledge of the child’s interests, to plan stimulating and engaging activities
- To maintain accurate and informative records relating to the children’s development, and supporting the children to make excellent progress
- To assist the Room Leader in maintaining a safe, organised, accessible, and enabling environment.
- To maintain the health, safety, and security of all children, through a vigilant approach to risk assessment, hygiene, and welfare.
- To follow all nursery policies and procedures.
- To develop a confident knowledge of safeguarding, with a full understanding of policies and procedures, and to act and respond when necessary.
- To take an inclusive approach with regards to special educational needs and disabilities.
- To engage positively with visitors and external agencies.
- To contribute and engage in the wider development of the nursery, including the Cub Curriculum.
- To provide cover in other rooms as required.
- To be an effective and supportive team member who communicates professionally with others.
This role also comes with benefits, such as:
- Employee Benefits and Employee Assistance Programme
- Free lunch and coffee
- Work clothes allowance
We can’t wait to welcome you in!
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 242634)
Company website : https://thecubfamily.co.uk/
- An ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and team
- An ability to work as part of team
- A strong work ethic
Desirable but not essential:
- Some knowledge of safeguarding and relevant procedures
- Some knowledge of the requirements of the EYFS
- Some knowledge and understanding of child development
- Must have fluency in written and spoken English, and an ability to write reports, and keep clear and effective records
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your
employer. KME Nurseries Limited t/a Cub will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to
up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated
as part of your working day.
You will be working towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard,
Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Early
Years Practitioner Qualification
skills in Maths and English if required
This will be delivered through KME Nurseries Limited t/a Cub's dedicated training provider,
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an
exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late
- A sense of fun, energy, and positivity!
- A love for children, and a belief that all children deserve an outstanding childcare experience
- Willingness to participate in further training and developmental opportunities offered.
- A responsible, professional attitude, and an ability to act with integrity
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- To continue your career in the childcare sector, upskills with further qualifications that may be required. Roles such as Early Years Educator Room Leader Nursery Management may be available to the right candidates
- All jobs are offered subject to a DBS, reference and ID checks.
- Free Parking
- On some bus routes
- 20 days holiday per year