- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner (ST0888)
Dragonfly Day Nursery
Dragonfly Day Nursery value their staff team and regard them as our most important asset.
They are looking for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice to join their team!
- To be responsible for safe and appropriate use of equipment associated with activities undertaken.
- Assist in ensuring the maintenance of furniture, furnishings equipment.
- Learn to keep accurate and factual records for children.
- Liaise with other professionals in providing specialised programmes of care to meet the individual needs of the child.
- Use an imaginative approach to provide an environment to stimulate growth in physical, intellectual, linguistic, emotional and social development.
- Create a stimulating, caring, supporting environment both individually and in-group situations.
- Promote anti-discriminatory practice as an integral part of your working environment.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 242721)
Company website : https://dragonflydn.com/dragonfly-colchester/
- Must have good work ethic
- Must have ability to work as part of a team
- Able to connect with the children ensuring they feel safe and secure in our setting.
- Ability to act appropriately towards children
- To be a good role model for children in your care
- Maths and English - desirable
- Preferred experience in relation to children / childcare experience
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your
employer. Dragonfly Day Nursery will
provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your
role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your
You will be working towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship
standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional skills in Maths and
English if required
This will be delivered through Dragonfly
Day Nursery’s dedicated training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an
exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late
- Able to interact with children
- Can-do attitude
- Progression on to a level 3 apprenitceship
- Our staff at Dragonfly Day Nursery like to progress and grow with us as a team. We have staff members that have been with us for 10 years and are now our senior team. (Room Leaders, Third in Charge, Deputy Manager)
DBS is required for this role.