Are you looking to develop a career in Cyber Security? Want to start an apprenticeship with a supportive company with a keen interest in developing apprentices?
We are looking for a Cyber Support Apprentice to join our team, IT COULD BE YOU!
Who you’ll be working for:
We are going through a period of growth. Over last few years, the security team has expanded and now, the company is keen to nurture an apprentice with a desire to do well. With a hub in Glasgow, but the flexibility of hybrid working, we specialise in all things cloud, data and security. Supporting our clients through their current challenges and delivering solutions that create true business value for them.
We are looking for a Cyber Security Apprentice to join our fast-growing Security Operations team. You will gain experience responding to alerts triggered by our security platforms that are used to monitor our customer environments, across both on-premises and within the public cloud. You will also gain visibility of the incident response process, in order to eradicate threats.
This is an exciting new role in our SOC, where you will learn and develop your skills in defending against malware, hacking activities, and implementing security solutions across both the public and private sector.
- Adhering to the company’s information security policies and ISO standards
- Providing first line response to alerts triggered by security toolsets on our customers environment
- Participating in cyber security incidents
- Supporting the incident response team with remediation activities
- Supporting on-boarding new customers
- Performing threat hunting activities on our customer’s environments
- Supporting customers with vulnerabilities affecting their organisation
- Ensuring SLAs are met, by following up with internal and customer stakeholders for information and updates
- Supporting with building and delivering Power BI reports to customers
- Able to work under own initiative and as a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity, continually evolving industry. No two days are the same!
- Self-starter with the aptitude to learn
- A willingness to work for our team!
- Confidence in your own abilities
- An interest in IT and desire to develop a career in cyber security
- Good verbal and written communication skill
- Passion for customer service
- Analytically minded
Additionally, the following experience is desirable:
- IT-related education qualification or alternative enterprise IT experience
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Awareness of common attack vectors
- Awareness of security toolsets
- Familiarity with public cloud platforms, such as Azure
- Ability to communicate technical scenarios at a high level
£18,000 - £21,000 per annum
35 hours per week, core hours are 9am - 5pm but you will work on a 4 week rotation of shifts (6:30am - 2:30pm, 3:30pm - 11:30pm or 11pm - 7am)
- Holidays - 25 days plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working hours
- Company laptop
- Expenses - travel and accommodation
- Company get together (including Christmas and Year End)
- Daily access to the CEO and founder of the company where appropriate
- On the job training
You will become part of our growing cyber security team, with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills, with real opportunities for career progression into various different avenues of cyber security.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 8.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!