Are you looking to develop a career in IT Support? Want to start an apprenticeship with a supportive company with a keen interest in developing apprentices?
We are looking for an IT Operations Apprentice to join our team, IT COULD BE YOU!
Who you’ll be working for:
We are going through a period of growth. Over last few years, the security team has expanded and now, the company is keen to nurture an apprentice with a desire to do well. With a hub in Glasgow, but the flexibility of hybrid working, we specialise in all things cloud, data and security. We support our clients through their current challenges and deliver solutions that create true business value for them.
We are looking for an IT Operations Apprentice to join our fast-growing IT Operations and Security Operations team. You will gain vast experience across our IT Operations and Security Operations teams, responding to alerts triggered by our IT and Security Monitoring solutions, that help our customers manage, secure, and optimise their IT environments across both on-premises and the public cloud.
- Providing first line response to alerts triggered by security toolsets on our customers environments, escalating where necessary
- Participating in cyber security incidents
- Monitoring customers IT environments and providing recommendations
- Performing daily health checks and monitoring of customer backup environments
- Restoring files from backups – both day to day operations and aiding with recovery from security incidents
- Performing maintenance on our systems, customers on-premises, Azure and M365 environments
- Technical support during Azure/M365 migrations
- Able to work under own initiative and as a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity, continually evolving industry. No two days are the same!
- Self-starter with the aptitude to learn
- An interest and desire to develop a career in IT
- Good verbal and written communication skill
- Passion for customer service
- Analytically minded
Additionally, the following experience are desirable:
- IT-related education qualification or alternative enterprise IT experience
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Awareness of common attack vectors
- Awareness of public cloud technologies (Azure)
- Familiar with security toolsets
- Familiar with Public Cloud platforms
- Ability to communicate technical scenarios at a high level
£16,000 - £19,000 per annum
35 hours per week, core hours are 9am - 5pm but you will work on a 4 week rotation of shifts (6:30am - 2:30pm, 3:30pm - 11:30pm or 11pm - 7am)
- Holidays - 25 days plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working hours
- Company laptop
- Expenses - travel and accommodation
- Company get together (including Christmas and Year End)
- Daily access to the CEO and founder of the company where appropriate
- On the job training
This is an exciting new role in our Managed Services team. You will become part of our growing IT Operations & Security team, with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills, with real opportunities for career progression into Cloud, IT Operations or Cyber Security.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 8.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!