- GMFJ Reference
41.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Other Employment Opportunity
Job DescriptionAre you looking for the right role for you? Then look no further….
Salary – £22,215.44 per annum (plus overtime and benefits)
Hourly Rate - £10.42 per hour (plus overtime and benefits)
Hours – Full-time
Postcode of depot – Leiston, Suffolk IP16 4UJ
As a Recycling Assistant with FCC Environment, we will train you to deliver a high standard of customer service to the public and to actively encourage reuse and recycling as well as assisting the public with their waste disposal.
This vacancy is for a full-time position, working five days per week including weekends, however, we will consider requests for job shares or flexible working to suit your lifestyle.
Our promise to you
- Competitive salary
- Staff discount in our charity re-use shops
- Bonus scheme
- 20 days annual leave (full-time working)
- Bank Holiday overtime + lieu day
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Vocational training and progression opportunities
- Uniform provided free
- Recognition rewards
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and Best Doctors Service
What will you be doing?
- Greeting and assisting site users and encouraging them to reuse and recycle their items
- Ensuring that you, your colleagues and site users remain safe whilst on our sites
- Identifying items suitable for reuse and sale by our local charity partner
What are we looking for?
- Experience of working in a customer service setting such as retail, hospitality and similar sectors
- To be reliable, motivated, friendly and an engaging team player, capable of working under your own initiative whilst following FCC’s operational procedures
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees.
With the Environment Bill going through Westminster this year and DEFRA’s new Resources and Waste strategy focusing our minds on ever more recycling and best practice in waste management, the profile of the UK's waste management industry has never been higher. With more local authorities calling a Climate Crisis and a clear push towards net-zero carbon across the economy, the pressures is on us all as citizens and us as a business to reduce waste and maximise re-use and recovery. We need people who are up for the challenge. We need people with ideas. We need you. Together we will meet the UK’s waste management and energy recovery needs.
FCC Environment is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environment is, the better our work will be.
How to apply
So, if you want to kickstart your career as a Recycling Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW
For more information about this vacancy please contact Energy & Utility Skills on +441217138264 (Ref ID: 242864)