- GMFJ Reference
37.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
Agriculture & Horticulture
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Sports turf operative (ST0210)
Bradford Grammar School
- Supporting with the maintenance and set up of all outdoor sports areas including football pitches, cricket squares, athletics, tennis, synthetic hockey pitch, hard courts etc, including the erection and dismantling of equipment during sporting events.
- Maintenance of hedges, shrub beds, trees, garden areas ensuring they are safe and fit for purpose
- Assist in making sure the grounds are kept clear of all litter.
- Assist with site security and ensuring that during peak times the car park does not become congested.
- Carrying out daily/weekly/monthly gardening duties and including: weeding, watering, digging, edging, hoeing, pruning, mulching, mowing, clearing areas/brushing and litter picking.
- Care and maintenance of trees on site to include low level pruning, clearance, and replanting
- Ensuring that the estate is presented to a consistently high standard including the maintenance of paths, drives, fences, hedges and woodland.
- Maintaining pitch standards to ensure grounds are safe, holes are filled and playing surfaces are maintained to the highest standards.
- Dealing with pest problems that could damage plants.
- Supporting with and providing front line grounds services in adverse weather conditions, including snow/ice clearance from pathways around the sites, in conjunction with other Premises staff
- Actively promoting safe practices of self and others
- Ensuring Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to at all times and understand your responsibilities as an employee under the Health & Safety Act 1974
All applicants will be required to return a completed application form. You can request to use a Shipley College PC if you are not able to do this at home.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Shipley College on 01274 327390 (Ref ID: 242873)
Company website : https://www.bradfordgrammar.com/
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
Maths and English 4+, A-C or L2 equivalent desired.
- Level 2 Sports Turf Operative standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills L1 if required
- Training by day release at Shipley College on a Wednesday
- Team working
- Physical fitness
Sports turf operative is a gateway into finding a career in sports facilities management.
Please ensure you have: Researched the role, the location of the school and Shipley College. A DBS criminal record check and eligibility to work in the UK will be required. All applicants will be asked to complete the school's application form and attend an Information and Guidance session at Shipley College