- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
Education & Training
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner (ST0888)
Watoto PreSchool is a not-for-profit charitable company. It began life as a small local crèche in 1996, organised by local parent carers, and then blossomed into a substantial organisation, we are today employing staff and managing a high quality and inclusive preschool in Sheffield.
This is a full - time role which includes weekly time out to allow you to concentrate on the theory that underpins early years and childcare. You will provide support to the team and contribute to the caring and stimulating environments in which the children we look after are encouraged to reach their full potential.
Reporting to the Senior Early Years Practitioner the apprentice’s daily duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- To offer children a safe, secure, caring and supportive environment, providing opportunities to foster their growth and development within the Pre-School.
- To work within our Early Years Team, supporting the planning and implementation of activities with individual or groups of children; promoting effective teaching and learning.
- To be part of our Early Years Team that provides a purposeful, stimulating environment rich in learning opportunities, both indoors and outdoors.
- To promote the inclusion of all children.
- To use professional knowledge of the individual and diverse ways that children learn and develop, to meet their differing needs.
- To establish positive and sensitive relationships with children. To act as a role model and set achievable expectations.
- To be responsible for organising the environment inside and outside to ensure that resources and equipment are available and appropriate to meet the needs of the individual children in the group. These activities will take into account children’s abilities interests, language and cultural backgrounds.
- To meet the physical needs of children, encouraging good standards of personal hygiene, whilst promoting independence.
- To provide support for the children’s emotional and social needs by implementing the principles of the Pre-School Promoting Positive Behaviour Policy and role modelling high standards in all aspects of their role and personal conduct.
- To encourage children to interact and work co-operatively with others.
- To support the Pre-School’s commitment on safeguarding children in all aspects of the Pre-School service.
- To be responsible for the planning, development and delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage in order to meet all learning interests and needs of children, extending them where necessary.
- To contribute to the review and further development of the Early Years Foundation Stage in the Pre-School.
- To support team to monitor and evaluate children's learning through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies and tools.
- To develop positive and sensitive relationships with parents and carers to support their role in children's learning.
- To provide constructive feedback on children’ progress/achievement, on a day-to-day basis or through parent meetings.
- To be proactive in the continuation of your own learning to improve the outcomes for children and their families.
- To have a clear knowledge of and adhere to all Safeguarding, Health and Safety Regulations.
- To comply and assist with the development of policies and procedures.
- To attend meetings as required and participate in training opportunities and performance development.
- To undertake any duties set to you by the Leadership Team that will assist in the day to-day running of the Pre-School.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 243241)
Company website : www.watotopreschool.org.uk
Ability to develop good relationships with your peers and customers and posses good interpersonal skills. You should be able to work as part of a team and manage the tasks accordingly and have a willingness to learn and take instruction.
5 x GCSE Grade A*-C/4 or numerical equivalent in English Language and Maths
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Watoto Preschool will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
You will be working towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Qualification
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
This will be delivered through Watoto Preschool’s dedicated training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late 2020.
Candidates must be reliable, punctual, polite and hardworking.
Excellent prospect to carry on into sustained employment after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- On the job training
- An assigned mentor
- Work alongside an experienced staff team
- Career Development Opportunities
Supportive work environment
Free care parking