- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
Education & Training
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner (ST0888)
The Old Station Nursery
At The Old Station Nursery what matters most to us is that
children feel safe and happy in our care. We want each child to leave nursery
with a love of learning and the possibility to succeed in all that comes next. At
the heart of everything we do, we aim to inspire, nurture and innovate in order
to create brighter futures, together. We are always looking for enthusiastic,
passionate and hard-working people to join our team.
As an Early Years Apprentice, you will undertake the
training required to become a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner. You will be
required to support the aims and objectives of The Old Station Nursery (TOSN)
and assist the staff within the nursery, working as a co-operative team member.
- Be fully involved with the implementation of the daily
routine; this could include preparing, assisting in, and clearing away
activities. You will also support the team and ensure that mealtimes are
pleasant and social occasions.
- Develop understanding of childcare and child development.
- Develop positive relationships with the children.
- Support nursery staff to provide high-quality environment
that meets the needs of individual children having an awareness of any
disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- Ensure the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Child
Protection Policies are always adhered to.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Learn the value of learning through play and how to
present and scaffold these learning experiences.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety,
hygiene, cleanliness and regulatory requirements for EHO/Ofsted health and
safety throughout the nursery.
- Support the staff team with the general cleanliness and
hygiene of the children and the environment – indoors and outdoors
- 52% childcare discount (subject to T&Cs)
- Birthday day off!
- Continual opportunities for personal development and qualifications; career progression means a lot to us
- Free staff uniform
- A £100 reward each time you refer a friend to join the team, or a family to enrol their child
- 31 days paid holiday including national Bank Holidays, which includes a whole week break over Christmas
- Access to Perkbox, which provides a wide range
of deals and discounts from the biggest brands, allowing you to shop and save
all year round on things that matter to you.
This includes offers on:
- Food and drink, from takeaways to supermarket
discounts to wine offers
- Tech and electronics such as mobile phones and
- Home and garden, from DIY to home appliances
- Health and beauty such as gym memberships and
- Entertainment, from cinema tickets to books and
- And much more!
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 243511)
Company website : https://www.theoldstationnursery.co.uk/nurseries/margate/
- Pretending to eat playdough creations realistically is required, and that of drinking numerous cups of pretend tea
- You must have the ability to read a ten-page fairy-tale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page
- Having a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special
- You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to be a large part of your working day
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families; there is simply no other job quite like this one
- GCSE level education and experience working with children is preferred but not essential
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. The Old Station Nursery Group will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
You will be working towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
This will be delivered by The Old Station Nursery Groups dedicated training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late 2020.
To be well presented and have good time keeping skills. Must be enthusiastic, passionate and hard-workingTo be able to work as part of a teamTo be able to use your own initiative
- We believe in creating brighter futures for our people; as we work with, train, progress and develop our team through professional development.
- DBS Required
- Staff car park available
- Opposite the train station