Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Goodwood – Level 3 Milling Machinist – 4 Year Apprenticeship (August 2024)
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better’, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As an apprentice, you will gain practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer while developing yourself and your career.
Within the Interior Surface Centre at the home of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Goodwood, we are privileged to manufacture the highest quality interior trim components using a wide variety of process technologies. We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Process Planning team for a level 3 CNC Milling Machinist Apprentice commencing end of August 2024.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Learning and Development - develop understanding of the technical manuals, blueprints, and specifications related to CNC milling machines whilst observing experienced machinists.
• Machine Set-up and Programming - assist in the set-up and preparation of CNC milling machines, including loading and securing workpieces, selecting and installing appropriate tooling, and verifying machine settings.
• Learning and understanding the programming language used for CNC milling machines (e.g., G-code) and assist in programming simple parts under supervision.
• Performing routine maintenance tasks, such as cleaning, lubricating, and inspecting machine components.
• Programming CNC milling machines using CAD/CAM software to produce accurate and precise components.
• Monitoring machine performance and make necessary adjustments to optimize cutting parameters, tool life, and surface finish.
• Conducting regular inspections of machined parts to ensure dimensional accuracy and identify any defects or deviations.
• Conducting routine maintenance tasks, such as cleaning, lubricating, and replacing worn-out parts.
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing issues with CNC milling machines, and perform necessary repairs or coordinate with maintenance staff.
• Quality Control - develop understanding of and following quality control procedures, including using measuring instruments and the use of quality tools like VPS Small, Fishbone Diagrams, PFMEA, 5 Why’s
A Rolls-Royce Apprenticeship can offer many career options and enable you to make the most of your potential. To date, 100% of production apprentices successfully completing the programme have been offered full time employment.
Why choose us?
•Great Pay – A competitive salary enhanced every six months depending on individual progress and performance starting at £18,900 rising to over £35,400 at the end of the programme. You will also receive 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and have access to an attractive pension scheme.
•Rewarding Work-Life Balance – You will have a 40 hour working week. Start and finish times will vary to meet the needs of your work-based placements and college hours.
•Exciting Additional Benefits – Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be supported by our experts and many fellow apprentices. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our discounts scheme and a subsidised on-site restaurant. If aged 18 and over, you will also have the opportunity to purchase or lease a BMW or MINI vehicle of your choice at a very special and reduced rate as part of your benefits package.
•Development Potential – In the UK, we invest around £3 million per year in vocational and professional training for our employees. This means we invest in you, giving you the relevant BMW specific training that you will require to be an active member of our team.
•Networking Opportunities – With around 8,000 employees and all three of the BMW Groups brands being represented in the UK, there are an abundance of networking opportunities allowing you to create meaningful working relationships.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, you will need to create a GetMyFirstJob account and then complete the short eligibility questions. Make sure your GetMyFirstJob profile includes details of both your achieved and any predicted qualifications. If you meet the eligibility requirements, the GetMyFirstJob team will invite you through to the next stage of the process.
The next stage of the process is a Strengths Video Interview. You can complete this at any time of day during your five-day invitation window and you will be recorded answering a set of questions. There is a practice question at the start and you get multiple chances to record each question, plus the GetMyFirstJob team are on hand to support you and give you lots of top tips and advice! Following this, successful applicants will be shortlisted and invited to a face-to-face Assessment Centre with BMW Group. Provisionally, the Assessment Centre is due to take place week commencing 29th April 2024.
To be eligible for this position, you must be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 31st March 2024
Any further questions? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org