Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Goodwood – Level 6 Planning – 4 Year Apprenticeship (August 2024)
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better’, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As an apprentice, you will gain practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer while developing yourself and your career.
You will be part of a young and dynamic team of Engineers, forming the Technical Planning Department for Interior Manufacturing, specialised in process planning. The department oversees an inimitable range of products and processes supplying the Interior for all Rolls-Royce models. A successful candidate will be able to gain experience in various fields:
Series Planning - “Implementation of lean manufacturing techniques to create a robust production system”
Structure Planning - “Analysis of the business needs to shape the future of the production system”
Project Planning - “Developing and integrating future products and materials into the existing production system”
Logistic Planning - “Providing material flow analysis to enable idealistic product deliveries”.
What will you be doing?
• Planning and delivering best practice solutions to improve efficiency, ergonomic, logistical and layout elements of the work area, applying Industrial Engineering & Process Improvement Practices.
• Establishing a Lean Manufacturing Environment, applying the company’s own VPS / CIP principles to reduce the 7 Wastes of Lean Manufacturing.
• Creation of work instructions and further relevant process documentation and optimisation of assembly sequences, including line balancing.
• Strategical analysis of future volume demands and their impact on the production system. Scenario planning to create the future production system considering all relevant planning premises. Realisation planning for shutdowns including detailed project timing plans and risk assessments. From concept to final implementation of equipment specifications, raising purchase orders, manage the suppliers, co-ordinate installation and commission of new machines and tooling, co-ordinate pre-series builds as per the Process Plan to bring new features/new models into series production.
• Industrialisation of production processes for New Rolls-Royce Interior parts from concept through to an approved release for series production with consideration for future materials and innovation of manufacturing processes.
• Responsible to plan the process, from cutting material to finished product; Starting with detail planning costs and implementation timing for released CAD drawings to ensure detailed understanding of how a part will be manufactured, jigs and tooling defined, costs detailed, implementation plan created and delivered.
Why choose us?
•Great Pay – A competitive salary enhanced every six months depending on individual progress and performance starting at £18,900 rising to over £35,400 at the end of the programme. You will also receive 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and have access to an attractive pension scheme.
•Rewarding Work-Life Balance – You will have a 40 hour working week. Start and finish times will vary to meet the needs of your work-based placements and college hours.
•Exciting Additional Benefits – Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be supported by our experts and many fellow apprentices. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our discounts scheme and a subsidised on-site restaurant. If aged 18 and over, you will also have the opportunity to purchase or lease a BMW or MINI vehicle of your choice at a very special and reduced rate as part of your benefits package.
•Development Potential – In the UK, we invest around £3 million per year in vocational and professional training for our employees. This means we invest in you, giving you the relevant BMW specific training that you will require to be an active member of our team.
•Networking Opportunities – With around 8,000 employees and all three of the BMW Groups brands being represented in the UK, there are an abundance of networking opportunities allowing you to create meaningful working relationships.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, you will need to create a GetMyFirstJob account and then complete the short eligibility questions. Make sure your GetMyFirstJob profile includes details of both your achieved and any predicted qualifications. If you meet the eligibility requirements, the GetMyFirstJob team will invite you through to the next stage of the process.
The next stage of the process is a Strengths Video Interview. You can complete this at any time of day during your five-day invitation window and you will be recorded answering a set of questions. There is a practice question at the start and you get multiple chances to record each question, plus the GetMyFirstJob team are on hand to support you and give you lots of top tips and advice! Following this, successful applicants will be shortlisted and invited to a face-to-face Assessment Centre with BMW Group. Provisionally, the Assessment Centre is due to take place week commencing 22nd April 2024.
To be eligible for this position, you must be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 17th March 2024
Any further questions? Email us on email@example.com