- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Higher Level 7
- Apprenticeship Standard
Accountancy or taxation professional (ST0001)
Where you start with Amazon doesn’t determine the course of your career, so many of our apprentices develop themselves beyond their wildest imaginations and we truly value early talent and your thoughts, ideas and contributions. Within your role you’ll be encouraged to, and inspired to, make an impact developing skills for life throughout.
As a Finance Apprentice, you take on the role of a Financial Analyst in one of Amazon’s many business areas, from AWS to Fresh, from Retail to Prime Video. Not only that, you rotate across 3 different roles over the 3 year apprenticeship (you'll also have an additional 6 months for end point assessment), and so gain experience from different areas across Accounting, Finance and Tax. Every role is different, but each one will require strong numerical skills and high attention to detail, which you’ll put into place in a fast-paced environment and working to deadlines. In order to explain complex topics to your business partners and stakeholders, good communication skills are also essential.
As you progress through your apprenticeship you may have exposure to:
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements.
- Collaborating with senior accountants and financial experts, conducting financial analysis and reporting Managing financial records and data.
- Partnering with business teams on strategies and initiatives.
- Participating in real-world financial projects.
- Providing financial insights and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Staying updated on changes in financial regulations and standards.
You'll need to have a bias for action, the ambition to deliver results and collaborate and build trust, with an overarching passion to learn and be curious. To be a success, you will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities, practical experience and qualifications given to you. In return we provide first class on the job coaching, specialist partner training and unparalleled experiences working within a diverse, innovative environment where you will be challenged to excel and positively contribute.
At Amazon we strive to be the Earth’s most customer-centric company, we put our customers first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. We have a passion for invention, drive a commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Working here means being entrepreneurial, being customer obsessed, thinking big and challenging the status quo, whilst working collaboratively to make the impossible a reality. Trust and empowerment are paramount to the way we work – it’s what allows us to do things differently as well as be bold and creative.
We’re passionate about our vision and values-lead culture which is governed by our leadership principles and we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all our colleagues have the chance to make a real difference.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on email@example.com (Ref ID: 244283)
Company website : https://amazonapprenticeships.co.uk/accounting-or-taxation-professional
- Attention to detail.
- Organisation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Numeracy skills.
- Analytical skills.
- 3 A Levels grade BBC minimum.
- GCSE's grades 9/A* - 4/C including Maths and English.
Accounting And Taxation Professional Apprenticeship Level 7.
If you’re looking to develop your accountancy skills to lead finance departments or provide management accounting consultancy, CIMA is your ticket. CIMA is split into Certificate, a standalone ‘beginner’ qualification, and Professional, which is split into three levels: Operational, Management, and Strategic.
- The Certificate in Business Accounting is your starting point if you're new to accountancy. You'll learn the fundamentals of business economics, financial accounting, management accounting, and ethical considerations of commercial activity.
- Operational teaches you about organisational management, costs and analysis used in production, and financial reporting and taxation.
- Management equips you with the skills to perform advanced management accounting and advanced financial reporting tasks.
- Strategic develops your leadership and strategic management abilities, and teaches you about risk management and financial strategy.
- Communication skills.
- Team player.
Throughout the apprenticeship, you will work alongside the team, supporting with day to day tasks learning how Amazon works and delivers for its customers. As your knowledge and skills increase over the duration of the scheme you will have opportunities to be part of and lead projects, making a difference for customers. The on the job experience will help you build a portfolio of evidence towards your apprenticeship. You will be given dedicated time to focus on your studies to help you stay on track and work towards successfully completing your qualification(s). On completion, you can go on to higher roles in the Finance teams with Amazon or anywhere in the industry.
Please apply for this role via the following link -