About the Role
With a starting salary of over £28,000, when you join our 24- month Higher Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll be working with our high performing teams to get the right supplies from the right supplier, at the right price and at the right time!
Procurement takes care of owning strategic direction for categories of spend and leading on the execution of sourcing activities, negotiation and selection of goods and services that are important to an organisation. Working for a FTSE 100 Global company within Procurement, you’ll be in a dynamic team responsible for purchasing goods, services and works required to keep National Grid operating.?As an organisation who operates in both UK & US you may be required to collaborate with global suppliers and colleagues based in other regions.
You will be working as a part of a diverse Global Procurement team which uses a strategic approach for buying all the goods and services needed for the company to stay sustainable. You’ll be involved in the development of category strategies, identification of business needs, finding and qualifying the supply chain, requesting and analysing proposals, negotiating with suppliers and contracting. Ultimately you will be responsible for setting up the supply chain to enable successful delivery for National Grid.?
National Grid is committed to working towards Net Zero and as a Procurement Higher Apprentice, you can support this by setting the framework for sourcing sustainable goods and services. We are also committed to our people and are looking for individuals who are passionate about their long-term development and can see their career at the heart of the energy future.
This role is based in Warwick with flexible, hybrid working.
You will be engaging with multiple business units in running full Strategic Sourcing Events through to contract award, executing requirements on a framework of approved suppliers and helping develop categories and deliver strategic direction.
Let’s explore the skills that will help you be successful in this role:
- You’ll have GCSE English and Maths graded at level 5 or above, and two A-Levels (or equivalents) graded C or above.?
- You’re a strong communicator: Who can articulate effectively to a range of audiences for a variety of purposes and contribute in a positive and collaborative manner to achieving common goals. You’re able to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships, engage in a professional manner and possess strong leadership and influencing skills.
- You’re an effective problem-solver: Who has the ability to apply critical, creative and evidence-based thinking to develop innovative strategies to meet business needs and deliver long term value.
- You’re self-aware and reflective: Who is flexible and resilient and has the capacity to accept and give constructive feedback whilst always acting with integrity and take responsibility for your actions.
- You’re commercially minded: Who can use their initiative and influence to deliver commercial benefit to an organization and can weigh up multiple options, articulate each option and make recommendations to the business unit.
- You’re organised and can plan: You’re able to effectively manage your time, able to prioritise, can balance the needs of multiple projects and is competent in use of project management tools.
What You'll Get
We are proud to offer a starting salary of £28,332.?
As a first step to your career in the energy industry, our Higher Apprenticeship Programmes are like no other!? You’ll gain an insight into how we work at National Grid, understand what a career with us can offer, and receive some great rewards and benefits:?
- 26 days annual leave + statutory holidays??
- Pension scheme and Sharesave options??
- Earn whilst you learn on our Higher Apprenticeship Programme
- You’ll develop well-rounded skills through practical experience?
National Grid is committed to the personal development of our staff. Joining us, you’ll be supported as you develop a wide range of business, and technical skills through structured training and on the-job experience. You’ll work closely with your line manager to establish and navigate through a Personal Development Plan that is tailored to your needs.?
National Grid is at the heart of the energy future, and our people are at the heart of National Grid. We’re 30,000 colleagues strong.? In the UK, National Grid don’t generate or sell energy – we join the dots to get energy from A to B. From making a cup of tea in the morning, to keeping the lights on in hospitals, our electricity network puts power in the hands of people. Without it, the world as we know it would grind to a halt.
The world of energy is changing beyond recognition as we focus on building a cleaner, greener future. Working at National Grid, you won’t just be touching the lives of almost everyone in the UK – you’ll be shaping the way we use and consume energy for generations to come.
Our Values and Principles?
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of who we are and what we do. Our commitment to these values is unwavering and they are central to our mission. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are happy to discuss any adjustments that you require.
This role will close in March 2024, however, we encourage you to apply as early as possible as we will close roles if they are filled earlier than the deadline. to ensure you obtain the place you want in the application process.?
?Assessment centres will be held from January to March 2024.? APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW