- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
Education & Training
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner (ST0888)
Hunny Hive Day Nursery
Hunny Nurseries are a family run business that listens to it's management and team to provide continual improvement and home from home care for children.
They are looking for a motivated apprentice to join their close-knit team.
In this role you will;
- Ensure the welfare and safety of children is promoted and report safeguarding issues and concerns to the person in charge
- Support the planning and delivery of purposeful play activities in line with the early years foundation stage
- Work with parents, colleagues and other agencies to ensure children’s individual needs are met
- Support the children to understand healthy life choices through engaging play activities
- Take an active role in seeking out continuous professional development opportunities during the apprentices programme and beyond
- Use communication and knowledge of child development to engage with children and support those requiring additional support
- Support children who are experiencing transitions such as moving to school or birth of a sibling, using your knowledge of the children to support them
- Carry out respectful care routines such as feeding, nappy changing and dental care
- Take an active part in the completion of their apprenticeship, meeting deadlines set by their trainer assessor and working with the dedicated mentor to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Support children’s numeracy, literacy and language through a range of play activities and opportunities
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 244838)
Company website : https://www.hunny-nurseries.co.uk/
- Good communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Time management
- Ideally, we would like someone who has good communication, outgoing, eager to learn and passionate about childcare
- Prefer GCSE Maths and English but will support if need to complete functional skills
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Hunny Hive Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
You will be working towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Qualification
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
This will be delivered through Hunny Hive Nursery's dedicated training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late 2020.
- Progression to the level 3 early years educator standard
Onsite car park, close to park and ride and bus routes. DBS required or applied for on starting. 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.