- GMFJ Reference
38.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
Education & Training
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner (ST0888)
Do you love outdoor education? We are looking for someone who wants to complete their Early Years Level 2 Apprentice to join our team.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a serious passion for outdoor learning (and not afraid to get their hands dirty!) to join the team at its early stage. You will be working alongside expert and experienced outdoor educators within a modern management setting.
Duties will include;
•Caring for children
•Preparing and maintaining environments to meet children's needs
•Supporting children's play and learning, Facilitating children’s learning, development and wellbeing
(Using our mobile app to record and administer child logbooks
• Supporting children's development-
(Involvement in planning learning days and coming up with ideas for new activities and experiences)
•Adhering to all safeguarding practices as well as following our health and safety routines
•Preparing snacks and help with their feeding and cleaning
• Providing care to children (emotional, hygiene and preparing food)
• Building great parent rapport
- At Outdoor Owls you will be given a competitive salary and
opportunities for bonuses.
- Bonuses - you will be eligible for family satisfaction and
- Learning & Development - we’ll fund you to achieve a
Level 2 Childcare qualification and other qualifications to help you
continuously develop. We have forest school training opportunities too along
with X3 owlsome team INSET training days each year.
- Sick Days - X2 fully paid sick days
- Holidays - You work 4 days per weeks which equates to 22.5
days holiday (inclusive of public holidays) and you will have up to 50 weekdays
in a year which you will be off. Everyone receives an extra +0.5 days for Xmas
eve. Upon 2 years of owlsome service you
will receive an extra holiday, along with a further day for 3 years and an
additional for 4 years
- Childcare discount
- Refer a family - we’ll give you a cash bonus for each new
- Refer a teammate bonus - you’ll receive up to £400 for
helping us find great new teammates
- Clothing - you’ll receive a number of outdoor accessories
including boots from us, along with an all-weather suit and a cosy hoodie!
- Fresh fruit & Coffee - daily, along with some other
- Headspace Access & Counselling service - for you to use
whenever you may need.
- Socials - as well as some great parties we regularly go
bowling, to the cinema, go climbing, try new food.. all kinds of fun hangouts
which you can choose!
This is an innovative and ambitious nursery project - be part of an exciting movement and make positive change!
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 244879)
Company website : https://outdoorowls.com/
•Ability to use computer
•The ability to work as part of a team
•Must be able to follow instructions from the nursery leaders
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Outdoor Owls will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
You will be working towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
· Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
· Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Qualification
· Functional skills in Maths and English if required
This will be delivered through Outdoor Owl's dedicated training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late 2020.
- Confidentiality essential
full time position available on completion of the apprentice course
As stated, you must love the outdoors as the majority of the time will be outside in our outdoor classroom which is situated in a magical 36 acres of green space and woodland.
4 days a week 7.30am-5.45pm