At The Old Station Nursery what matters most to us is that
children feel safe and happy in our care. We want each child to leave nursery
with a love of learning and the possibility to succeed in all that comes next. At
the heart of everything we do, we aim to inspire, nurture and innovate in order
to create brighter futures, together. We are always looking for enthusiastic,
passionate and hard-working people to join our team.
As an Early Years Apprentice, you will undertake the
training required to become a Level 3 Early Years Educator. You will be
required to support the aims and objectives of The Old Station Nursery (TOSN)
and assist the staff within the nursery, working as a co-operative team member.
• Be fully involved with the implementation of the daily
routine; this could include preparing, assisting in, and clearing away
activities. You will also support the team and ensure that mealtimes are
pleasant and social occasions.
• Develop understanding of childcare and child development.
• Develop positive relationships with the children.
• Support nursery staff to provide high-quality environment
that meets the needs of individual children having an awareness of any
disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
• Ensure the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Child
Protection Policies are always adhered to.
• Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
• Learn how to observe each child’s progress and how to
report on achievements looking for progression and continuity.
• Learn the value of learning through play and how to
present and scaffold these learning experiences.
• Recognise how activities and experiences support the
child’s progress across the EYFS educational programme
• Develop knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
• Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety,
hygiene, cleanliness and regulatory requirements for EHO/Ofsted health and
safety throughout the nursery.
• Support the staff team with the general cleanliness and
hygiene of the children and the environment – indoors and outdoors
Food and drink, from takeaways to supermarket
discounts to wine offers
- Salary - Up to £9 ph dependent on age and experience
- 52% childcare discount (subject to T&Cs)
- Birthday day off!
- Access to Perkbox, which provides a wide range
of deals and discounts from the biggest brands, allowing you to shop and save
all year round on things that matter to you. This includes offers on:
Tech and electronics such as mobile phones and
Home and garden, from DIY to home appliances
Health and beauty such as gym memberships and
Entertainment, from cinema tickets to books and
And much more!
- Continual opportunities for personal development
and qualifications; career progression means a lot to us
- Free staff uniform
- A £100 reward each time you refer a friend to
join the team, or a family to enrol their child
- 31 days paid holiday including national Bank
Holidays, which includes a whole week break over Christmas