At JAG you will be working towards your Community Activator Coach L2 Qualification over the course of 15 months.
Day to day Responsibilities:
- Provide inclusive, fun, and engaging care for the children, including collecting them from school to delivering them safely to parents/carers.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of activities with structure and enthusiasm; encouraging maximum participation. This could include, multi-sports, games, arts & crafts, downtime, structured play, etc.
- Ensure all activities are age and ability appropriate while using the equipment and space safely.
- Provide refreshments for the children, making sure that our hygiene and Health and Safety standards are met.
- Set up and take down the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Follow all Health and Safety protocols and policies and ensure that all relevant documentation (Accident Forms, Incident Forms, etc.) is completed as needed.
- Ensure all children have been signed in and out each visit, following the correct processes and procedures.
- Authentically and professionally communicate with all team members, parents, children and schools.
- Conduct kit/equipment maintenance and safety checks.
- Be the champion of Health and Safety and provide first aid where necessary
- Ensure all documents and information that relate to the children in our care are kept confidential and in a safe place and understand the importance of it.
- Inspire our team members and children to have fun and lead an active lifestyle, helping them to understand the benefits and why adopting them is important.
- Be involved in community schemes within your setting and/or JAG company-wide, helping to plan and deliver successful activities programmes; such as HAF, intra/inter-school activities, or an Action for Children initiative.