At Montsaye Community Sports Centre you will be working towards your Leisure Team Member L2 Apprentice Qualification over the course of 15 months.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
1. To undertake the Apprenticeship course of study and on the job training
2. To carry out specific duties requested by the Duty Officer or Centre Manager on duty.
3. To assist the Duty Officer or Centre Manager on duty, in providing an efficient and effective service for the whole community.
4. To assist in the efficient day to day operation of the Centre, ensuring customer satisfaction and compliance with the relevant standards and procedures.
5. To undertake cleaning duties as required by cleaning schedules or the Duty Officer or Centre Manager on duty in all areas of the centre.
6. To supervise swimmers ensuring their proper conduct and safety, in accordance with the Pool's Normal Operating Procedure, Emergency Action Plan and all relevant health and safety procedures.
7. To supervise fitness suite users ensuring their proper conduct and safety in line with the Fitness Suite Normal Operating Procedure, Emergency Action Plan and all relevant health and safety procedures.
8. To assemble and dismantle equipment for sports and social activities.
9. To maintain a safe environment for both staff and customers, including undertaking pool water tests and reporting the results to the Duty Officer or Centre Manager on duty.
10. The application of first aid when necessary (only when trained).
11. To make a positive contribution to service improvement, through regular attendance at staff meetings / training sessions where requested by the Duty Officer or Centre Manager on duty.
12. To promote a positive image to customers taking prompt action to deal with complaints and problems.
13. To assist in the upkeep of administrative and filing systems at the Centre.
14. To collect money and complete appropriate documentation
15. To Monitor and report any incidents / accidents and deal with these as required by the Centre operating instructions.
16. To maintain a working knowledge of, and comply with, the centre's operating guidelines and policies.