- GMFJ Reference
37.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Business & Administration
- Opportunity Type
- Apprenticeship Standard
Project manager (integrated degree) (ST0411)
We're looking for Digital Technology Software Engineering Degree Apprentices to join our scheme for 2024!
To be considered for this scheme, please submit either your CV or Personal Statement along with the provided application form.
At E.ON, we help our customers to take control of their energy use and we are always looking for new and improved ways of doing things. E.ON has customers across a variety of industries, using the latest technology to help build a better energy future. In Digital Technology, we work to support business areas by automating processes and building new solutions to drive innovation.
Here's what you'll be doing
As part of the four-year Digital Technology degree apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain practical, hands-on experience working with a variety of teams through six-month placements across the business. As an apprentice, you will be employed by E.ON but will study part-time at Nottingham Trent University for a fully-funded BSc (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions (Software Engineering).
You will have the opportunity to select placements to suit your interests and skills, examples include:
- Spend time with the cyber security team helping to protect our colleagues and customers through supporting penetration testing, exploring vulnerabilities and investigating fraudulent companies.
- Contribute to our data strategy.
- Learn about what E.ON does to contribute to sustainability, get involved yourself, while helping automate and digitalise processes.
- Understand how a Digital Technology operation functions, reviewing budget controls and working with suppliers to fulfil technology needs.
Throughout your time on the programme, you will be fully supported at E.ON by the early careers talent team, your mentor and a dedicated buddy from a previous degree apprenticeship scheme.
There is the opportunity for part of a placement to be completed overseas at an E.ON office in Germany, plus work with international colleagues on placements within the UK.What we need from you
Here’s what you need to know
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including grade 4 or above in English Language and grade 5 or above in Maths.
- 3 A-Levels including either Maths, Science or IT totalling 120 UCAS points or equivalent (for example level 3 BTEC in computer science or IT, relevant T-level). Additional A-levels which will not be accepted are citizenship skills, general studies and critical thinking. A preceding level apprenticeship or equivalent demonstrable work experience in the occupation area can be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW
- Your base location will be our offices in either Nottingham or Coventry. We operate a hybrid working model, and though this may vary from placement to placement, you will be expected to come into the office between 1-3 days a week, with home working an option on other days. Other company funded travel will be required and this role will also include placement opportunities at other E.ON sites across the UK.
- This apprenticeship leads to a BSc (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions (Software Engineering) awarded by Nottingham Trent University. This is done on block release, currently spending six blocks (each of five days) on campus each year.
- We offer an initial starting salary of £19,350 with potential pay progressions throughout the scheme based on academic and placement performance.
- Our market leading benefits package includes 26 days’ holiday plus eight bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits, including the option to buy up to two weeks’ extra holiday.
- Please note, you may only apply for one E.ON degree/level 7 apprenticeship scheme, so please choose the one that suits you best.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Energy & Utility Skills on +441217138264 (Ref ID: 245103)