- GMFJ Reference
37.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Business & Administration
- Opportunity Type
- Apprenticeship Standard
Project manager (integrated degree) (ST0411)
We're looking for Accountancy and Taxation Professional Apprentices to join our scheme for 2024!
To be considered for this scheme, please submit either your CV or Personal Statement along with the provided application form.
At E.ON, we help our customers to take control of their energy use and we are always looking for new and improved ways of doing things. Our energy sector is undergoing a massive transformation. The way that we use and view energy is changing, helping us to shift to a more sustainable world. As part of this shift, accountants will play a role in shaping and guiding the necessary internal changes we face as an organisation.
Here's what you'll be doing
As part of the four-year accountancy and taxation professional level 7 apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain practical, hands-on experience working with a variety of teams through six-month placements across the business. As an apprentice, you will be employed by E.ON but will study part-time and funded at Kaplan to become an ACCA chartered accountant.
You will have the opportunity to select placements to suit your interests and skills, examples include:
- Co-ordination of planning and reporting activities for management and E.ON group reporting, used to support investor relations deliverables
- Ensuring that the accounting records are fully compliant with accounting rules, preparing the statutory accounts
- Financial planning to forecast future financial performance and explain actual performance
- Completing corporation tax returns, VAT returns and providing tax advice and expertise to the business
- Spending time in our energy markets team responsible for energy trading, legal, procurement and treasury teams
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be fully supported at E.ON by the early careers talent team, your mentor and a dedicated buddy from a previous degree apprenticeship scheme.What we need from you
Here’s what you need to know
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) (grades 9-4 / A-C) which must include Maths and English Language.
- 3 A-Levels (grades A-C, excluding General Studies)
- AAT Qualified (L4) or equivalent other professional body qualification
- Foundation Diploma
- Graduate with a 2.1 degree or above from a recognised university equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree
APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW
- Your base location will be our office in Nottingham. We operate a hybrid working model, and though this may vary from placement to placement, you will be expected to come into the office between 1-3 days a week, with home working an option on other days. Other company funded travel will be required and this role will also include placement opportunities at other E.ON sites across the UK.
- This level 7 apprenticeship leads to ACCA Chartered Accountant status and is studied through Kaplan. This is delivered at Kaplan facilities in either Nottingham or Birmingham city centre, currently spending around 20 single days there per year on a combination of teaching days and exams.
- We offer an initial starting salary of £19,350, with potential pay progressions throughout the scheme based on academic and placement performance.
- Our market leading benefits package includes 26 days’ holiday plus eight bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits, including the option to buy up to two weeks’ extra holiday.
- Please note, you may only apply for one E.ON degree/level 7 apprenticeship scheme, so please choose the one that suits you best.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Energy & Utility Skills on +441217138264 (Ref ID: 245104)