- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Autocare technician (ST0499)
is an apprenticeship role, delivered by Robert Bosch Ltd.
An exciting opportunity has arisen
at your local Renault dealership where you will be required to learn all
aspects of an Autocare Technician job role while you work as an apprentice.
If cars are your passion, then
Renault will provide you with first class training on the very latest products
and innovations, with dedicated Renault trainers who will help build knowledge
and develop your skills.
Training will be provided both in
the workplace and at the Renault Training Centre in Doncaster.
All we ask is that you are
committed to the Apprenticeship Programme and have the passion and ambition to
grow into a highly skilled Autocare Technician.
There may also be opportunity to
progress to the Level 3 Motor Vehicle Maintenance apprenticeship upon
successful completion of the Level 2 Autocare Technician standard.
You will also be required to have a
grade 2 or above in maths & English at GCSE level or equivalent.
Duties will include:
Fundamentals of specific vehicle systems including but
not limited to…
- Steering & suspension
- Braking systems
- Battery & charging systems
- Exhaust systems
- Air-Conditioning systems
To enhance the delivery of the
Level 2 Autocare standard, there are additional elements embedded into the
- Interpersonal skills and customer service
- Parts & managing stock Levels
- Basic electrical vehicle awareness
completion of the apprenticeship, you will achieve the Autocare Technician
Level 2 qualification.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Robert Bosch Ltd on 0115 9380223 (Ref ID: 245367)
No specific skills are required, however an interest in a career in the automotive industry/motor vehicles is essential.
GCSEs grades 2 – 9 (A* - E) or Functional Skills Level 1 in maths and English.
Please ensure you also list all of your relevant qualifications.
If you do not have the required qualifications for this apprenticeship your application will be rejected and you will not be contacted.
- Passionate about the industry, and committed to the development of your knowledge and skills.
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely.
- Customer focused, able to keep customers experience and safety in mind throughout the service or diagnosis and repair
- Team Player – assist other technicians when workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop.
- Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines.
- Quality focused with first time fix mentality.
- Honest with high levels of integrity
Permanent role on completion of the apprenticeship.
Role may close before date shown, you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Apprentice national minimum wage is currently £5.28 per hour. This is due to rise to £6.40 per hour as of April 1st 2024.