- Meet the children's need by supporting the implementation of a good daily routine, play with the children, observe the children, keep records up to date, having an input into the planning and evaluating activities that suit the children's needs and interests.
- To offer suggestions for activities and ask questions
- To ensure the planning of activities are linked to the individual children's needs and interests, gained from daily observations, evaluations as well as child's tracking in line with the EYFS.
- That you work well as part of the team, giving support, asking for help and receiving / giving feedback when needed.
- You are professional at all times both in and out of the nursery.
- Confidentiality is maintained within the nursery.
- Attend weekly team meeting, give feedback, ask questions and out forward ideas.
- Acting as a role model to the team and children within the room, as well as the rest of the nursery team.
- To keep your knowledge updates by doing your own research and knowing current legislations and frameworks
- Reflect on your practice, knowing you strengths and what areas in which you need to develop.
- Offer new ideas and feedback on how the nursery can improve.
- Plan activities that are fun, exciting and inviting for the children, with the help of your team within an environment which is exciting and enabling.
- All children and team are treated as individuals and embraced for their differences.
- All allergies, dietary needs, medication forms, care plans and any other forms are correctly filled in by parents / carers and that all team are aware of this and what they need to do.
- The room and equipment are clean and fit for purpose.
- To build and develop partnership with parents / carers and communicate well.
- To be a support Key person to a child or group of children
In order to be eligible for this apprenticeship you need to hold the Early Years Practitioner Level 2 qualification.
At Maritime Minis, you will be working towards a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification over the course of 15 months.