At Madhouse, we’re a bunch of experienced professionals who are all about helping your business succeed. We’re not your average team – we have in-house experts in Graphic Design, Marketing, Web Development, IT Solutions, Training, Print And Embroidery.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Web Developer to join our small but growing, fast-paced digital agency. Working closely with the management team you will be responsible for building and maintaining WordPress based sites for a number of new and existing clients.
- Working within a small team to develop static and content managed websites.
- Developing and maintaining responsive, web-based business management systems in PHP.
- Working with Wordpress and other content management systems.
- Speaking with customers over the phone and face to face to discuss briefs.
- Take part in the whole process, from client brief to the delivery of commercial websites.
Requirements and prospects:
- A foundation of knowledge and understanding of the WordPress, MySQL infrastructure and PHP frameworks.
- Training will be given but the right candidate will need to have some coding knowledge.
- A self-motivated individual with an interest in building websites – keen to develop your skillset and work on commercial projects.
- English and maths at Level 2 is required
- At least a Level 2 in ICT (BTEC, GCSE or equivalent) is essential
- A genuine interest in Coding – some coding skills and knowledge are essential and may need to be demonstrated
- 7 GCSEs total
- English GCSE grade D or above
- Other 6 GCSEs, including Maths, to be C or above
- You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information please visit the UK ENIC website.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
- Salary: £12,000
- Expected hours: 30 – 40 per week
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Commission pay
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6 or Level 8.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work-based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!