- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
12 months plus 3 months for End Point Assessment (EPA)
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Production chef (ST0589)
Evesham Garden Centre - Blue Diamond Limited
A fantastic opportunity to become an Apprentice Chef and be apart of the friendly team at 3 Shires Garden Centre
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Chef who is passionate about hospitality and has some experience working in a kitchen. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic and ready to put their skills into practice. Your primary responsibility will be to provide a professional support to the catering team and working closely with the Catering Manager to help the department to succeed.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Producing all food recipes to specification and recording any wastage/shrinkage in accordance with company guidelines.
- Cooking and baking hot food, sweets, pastries etc. when required.
- Work safely around the kitchen equipment.
- Ensuring that all food is stored to the company’s standards.
- Strictly adhering to all relevant food safety and hygiene regulations at all times.
- Assist in keeping the kitchen clean, hygienic, and tidy at all times.
- Carry out all reasonable duties as requested by management as and when required.
- Undertaking any general cleaning requirements of the kitchen and restaurant.
- Working as part of the kitchen and catering team and undertaking any other reasonable duties as and when required.
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Food Production apprenticeship.
- You will receive onsite training with an award-winning training provider who will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship journey.
- Gain essential life skills.
- Gain confidence.
To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- Have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- Learn and train for a specific job
- Get paid and receive holiday leave
- Get hands-on experience in a real job
- Study for at least 20% of your working hours
- Complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- Be on a career path with lots of future potential
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Inspiro Learning Limited on 0 (Ref ID: 245539)
Our successful candidate will be:
- - Excellent communication skills
- - The ability to work as part of a team
No previous qualifications are required as all training for this role will be provided.
Level 2 Food Production Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentice’s chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Inspiro's Regional Trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
This role is well suited to, self-motivated, able to maintain a clean and safe working environment.Passionate about food preparation and presentation, enthusiastic and hardworking individual
This vacancy could lead to permanent employment within East Bridgford Garden Centre upon the completion of the apprenticeship and assessment.