- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Hall Green Birmingham
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner (ST0888)
Small World Day Nursery
Are you looking for a role where you can encourage children to explore beyond what they know and develop their skills to give them the best start in early stages of their life?
Please find below the duties and expectations of an early years practitioner apprentice at Small World Day Nursery:
- To ensure the care needs and personal care routines of babies and children in the setting are met.
- To follow all safeguarding and health and safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate with children, colleagues and parents and carers effectively.
- Record and keep records and reports for children as required and following the EYFS framework requirements.
In return you can expect perks such as a Staff summer party & Christmas party, a loyalty bonus after 5 years & extra holiday and 28 days holiday inc bank holidays.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 245649)
Company website : https://www.smallworlddaynursery.co.uk/contact-us/
- Good communicator and team worker
- Preferred some experience in early years or working with children for example work experience
- Good comprehension of written and verbal English.
- Prefer GCSE grade 4 Maths & English but will support to achieve functional skills if do not have these.
- If applying for L3 role will need a L2 childcare qualification
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Small World Day Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete a level 2 early years practitioner apprentice standard, which includes;
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Qualification
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
This will be delivered through Small World Day Nursery's dedicated training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late 2020.
We’ve invested heavily in our people and culture, and we want to grow our teams by finding people who share our passion and enthusiasm for creating a better future.
- Passionate about working with children
- Hard-working, caring, compassionate.
- Wishing to develop a career in early years.
Progression from level 2 to level 3 and room leader roles
On site parking
On transport links near bus / train station