We're a full-service law firm, which means whatever advice is needed we can help. Giving the best possible advice is about more than knowledge and expertise. We seek to understand the people and business we work with as deeply as possible and take time to listen to what matters most to them.
Whichever team you join, working here you’ll feel a part of our friendly and inclusive environment. We’ll value you for who you are and what you bring. We support each other and push boundaries to achieve incredible things and make a real difference to our clients and communities.
An exciting opportunity to join one of the largest national law firms in the UK. This apprentice paralegal role is in our Immigration Team which is part of our International and High Net Worth Private Client Services team. Please note, that this role will not cover the whole International and High Net Worth Private Client Services team.
As an apprentice paralegal, you will provide day-to-day support and assistance to the fee earners in this team. You will receive training to support the team’s clients and caseloads. This will include:
- Completing relevant administration duties including photocopying, scanning documents, amending documentation, filing, archiving and file maintenance;
- Assisting with new client enquiries;
- Assisting with arrangements for meetings, and telephone calls, and where required, attend to take detailed notes;
- Communicating with clients, other firms of solicitors and third parties by telephone or in writing including taking basic client instructions and providing case updates when appropriate;
- Drafting documents (including letter of engagements, application cover letters to support a client’s case)
- Tracking progress of cases across the team;
- Reporting to team leader on case progress and interactions and referrals to other departments;
- Achieve time recording and fee income targets to ensure profitable working;
- Ensuring compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures;
- Attending appropriate training events as and when required;
- Conducting Legal Research to assist in advising the client on which application is best suited to their particular circumstances as requested by members of the team;
- Supporting the team's business development activities/events;
- Working to deadlines and be adept at multi-tasking; and,
- Whilst planning and prioritising will be the key to your success, you’ll also need to be flexible and quick to respond to requests at short notice. You’ll be experienced in following set guidelines and processes, but with the ability and confidence to use your own judgement where required and to complete written tasks to a high standard (e.g. grammatical and technical accuracy).
Who is it for?
This is a 24-month apprenticeship perfect for anyone who wants to gain hands-on legal experience at the UK’s largest full-service law firm.
This apprenticeship is a great alternative to university, as it gives you the chance to earn while you learn. It also helps you to work towards the Level 3 paralegal apprenticeship, helping to develop your career from day one.
What will I study?
The academic part of the apprenticeship is delivered by our apprenticeship training provider BPP via distance learning. The modules you study will link to the client service area in which you undertake your apprenticeship.
View more information on what you’ll study and the work you’ll do as part of your apprenticeship on the BPP website here Paralegal Apprenticeship | Courses | BPP.
What qualification will I gain?
When you finish this apprenticeship, you will be a qualified paralegal in your area of practice and you will also gain a Certificate of Higher Education (Law and Legal Practice).
What We Can Offer You
Our apprentices receive a full benefits package including:
•25 days holiday with the opportunity to buy additional leave
•2 volunteering days a year to give back to the community (fully paid!)
•Westfield Health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services
•Contributory pension scheme
•We pay our apprentices a starting salary of £19,838 (UK regions) and £21,749 specifically in London
•Access to a variety of training and development resources
We also offer a huge number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace as well as flexible working options to ensure that you are fully supported to work the way that best suits you. We’re committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where our colleagues can flourish. We have a range of groups to celebrate our people across sexuality, disability, age, gender and culture.