GLL is a not-for-profit charitable social enterprise committed to delivering a better quality of fitness and leisure, libraries and performing arts facilities for everyone. We're committed to providing access to quality community facilities - and more - at a price everyone can afford. We already manage over 258 facilities, and we're adding more all the time operating under our 'Better' brand.
Unlike many other brands, we are for everyone. Community is at the heart of everything we do, and we want to make sure that everyone can live a healthy and active lifestyle.
What's more, when you apply for a job at GLL, you can enjoy our range of employee benefits including:
- A permanent position
- Industry leading rates of pay
- opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development is just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
Your role will include:
- Sharing knowledge with customers on the role exercise plays in health and wellbeing
- Support the centre to deliver swimming lessons where required (qualification dependant)
- Supervising and lifeguarding in swimming pools
- Conducting customers' gym inductions and health screening where required (qualifications dependant)
- Planning and delivering exercise sessions to meet customers' health and fitness goals
- Attend and participate in all apprenticeship workshops, meetings and reviews with your tutor and General Manager
- Ensure all training and qualification deadlines are met in agreement with your tutor and manger
- Achieve and maintain all necessary qualifications including ongoing CPD training
- Support in opening and closing of centre
At GLL, you will be working towards a Leisure Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship Qualification over the course of 15 months.
You will gain the following qualifications:
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- First Aid at Work (Level 3)
- STA Award in Teaching Swimming
- STA Certificate in Teaching Swimming
- Level 2 Gym Instructor