About Soft Egg:
Over the last 15 years we have developed a unique school IT support and development service that works on four levels: proactive, reactive, strategic and emergency response. We’re dedicated to making sure that IT becomes what it’s really supposed to be in schools – a springboard for learning, not a hurdle.
About the role:
As a Managed Service Provider focused purely within the education sector, we are seeking Senior Support analysts to join our expanding team.
This is an ideal opportunity for enthusiastic, ambitious people who want to grow and develop within an exciting organisation.
Our new IT Support Technician Apprentice role is best suited to candidates who have a strong desire to provide excellent customer support and an interest in developing IT knowledge. The position will be office based, providing support via our ticket system as well as over the telephone. Some onsite work may be required on occasion.
£18.000 per annum.
Wokingham Office, RG41 2QX
Main Duties & Experience:
- Provide support across the estate. Predominantly this will be within a Microsoft Infrastructure
- Identify root causes of recurring incidents
- Respond to, take ownership of and resolve tickets against SLA's
- Drive continuous improvements and deliver the best solutions
- Managing tasks and workload effectively
- Communicate with customers, in a clear understandable manner
What we are looking for:
- Proactive, organised and professional approach
- Hungry to progress in IT and learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills, positive and approachable
- Desire to provide excellent, high quality customer service
- Knowledge of Windows Operating systems
Beneficial, not essential:
- Experience in using Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Experience in using Google Workspace Suite
- Experience in using Apple / Android Devices
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
8:30am – 5:30pm. Monday to Friday.
37.5 hours a week.
- Flexible working, able to offer remote working following probation
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays and closed over Christmas period.
- Opportunities to expand learning and personal development beyond apprenticeship
- Opportunity to work in education, providing meaningful solutions to schools
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.