Service Desk Analyst
Location: Office based - Camberley, Riverside Way, Surrey
Working pattern: Shift based - 4 days on / 4 days off (11hr rotating shifts, days and nights)
Job type: Full time, PermanentSalary: £23k - £26k
Telent are looking for a Service Desk Analyst (Customer Service Agent / Helpdesk Operator / Helpdesk Analyst) to be a part of our growing IT Service Centre team in Camberley! Due to an increase of work and high demand of our Managed Services capabilities in the Public Services and Emergency Services sectors, we are in a great place to continually grow our team to ensure that we maintain successful delivery of our support services.
This is a shift-based role, where the Service Desk Analyst will be on a 24/7 rotating shift pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off. A competitive salary based on unsociable hours and additional overtime options are on offer.
Our Technology Teams at Telent are committed and enterprising. You have to be when you are bringing the digital revolution to homes, infrastructure, and businesses across the country. Be prepared to jump right in when you join - to innovate and develop networks and systems for millions. The work is complex, but the reward is great - our work makes an impact! Help build and keep the nation's critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
Service Desk Analyst - What you’ll do:
- Acting as the 1st point of contract for new incidents, requests, and queries raised by Telent customers over a wide range of platforms via the telephone, email, B2B and customer portals
- Responsible for ensuring that excellent customer service is provided consistently
- Following up actions in a timely manner
- Providing regular customer updates and meeting promises made
- Be available to work a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern (24/7 rotating shift pattern)
- Attend training sessions
- Ordering of spare parts via an internal logistics application process
- Booking Field Engineers / field engineering resources to customer sites
- Maintaining the rapport with customers by displaying a detailed understanding of their support requirements and maintain high levels of incident ownership through the incident lifecycle to a satisfactory customer resolution
- Liaise pro-actively with suppliers/partner vendors and escalate where necessary to ensure timely call resolution in order to achieve customer specific SLA’s
- Understand and proactively operate the “Escalations Procedure”
- Consistently meet Service Desk (KPI) Key Performance Indicators as set by the Service Centre Manager/Incident Manager
- Schedule / Dispatch an appropriate Telent Engineers to resolve any issues or failures that our customer has, taking into account the SLAs and skill sets of the engineers
Service Desk Analyst - Who you are:
The Service Desk Analyst (Customer Service Desk Agent) will have a natural passion for “Customer Service” and handling customer related calls / queries / problems / issues / requests – this role is a customer support focused role, that requires you to act as the first point of call for any failures, issues, faults or IT related incidents that are called in. A background in “retail” or “customer service” will be of great value for this role, although, at-the-desk training will also be provided to enhance your skills set. If you have the desire to kick-start a new career, this could be the right role for you.
Service Desk Analyst - Key requirements:
- Retail or Customer Service experience in a demanding environment is ideal (service desk, helpdesk, retail, public sector)
- Computer literate and a confident user Microsoft Word, Microsoft Tools, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel
- Telephone based customer service / customer assistance experience
- Successful experience of working in a team
- ITIL Aware (Desirable)
- Telephone based customer service / customer assistance experience is a huge advantage
Telent - What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies, and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- Competitive starting salary + uncapped overtime options
- 24 days holiday / shift allowance, plus the option to buy or sell additional days each year
- Company matched pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
- Career development opportunities within the business!
Telent is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support and maintenance, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology. of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure. The work we do helps connect thousands of people and communities, using the best technology and innovation available. When you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on all our futures by fulfilling your potential and delivering high performance. We work together to make everyday life work better for everyone. You’ll be part of a team of more than 3,000 brilliant, dedicated people committed to getting the job done well.
Brilliance brought together.
We are guided by our values and behaviours:
- Be Inclusive
- Take Responsibility
- Be Customer-focussed