Historically part of the county of Somerset, Bath was made a county borough in 1889 and thus was independent of the newly created administrative Somerset county council. The area that would become Bath and North East Somerset became part of Avon when that non-metropolitan county was created in 1974.
The primary purpose of this apprenticeship post is to provide effective, professional, and high-quality support in relation to cyber security across the Council’s IT estate and to other teams in IT Services.
The apprentice will complete the Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship through QA’s Cyber Defender & Responder programme whilst working for the IT Service of the Council.
The apprentice will work on a wide variety of tasks relating to IT and cyber security, supporting operational IT teams and the Chief technologist for Cyber & Networks.
Salary: £20,103 per annum
Duties will include:
- Supporting the implementation of new products
- Ongoing configuration of systems
- Monitoring security alerts & logs for potential threats
This role benefits from a flexible and blended learning journey, applying learning and skills to a range of real-life scenarios.
What we are looking for:
- Team player
- Forward thinker
- an A Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
As one of the team the apprentice will also contribute to the general development and review of the team and service and support in any other work related to the purpose of the IT Service.
The IT apprentice will have a Level 3 Qualification in IT technologies, particularly with an interest in security and be wanting to start their IT career.
Your main place of work will be the award-winning, modern Civic Centre in Keynsham, halfway between Bath and Bristol, easily accessible via car or public transport, with a train station 5 minutes’ walk away.
- A range of flexible working options, including flexi-time, four regional offices and home-working, dependent on service requirements
- A generous holiday allowance and special leave provisions
- The Local Government Pension Scheme
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme – whatever life throws at you, we are committed to supporting you
- Bullying and Harassment and Dignity at Work policies to protect your everyday working life
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
On completion of your apprenticeship, there maybe possible career growth / development and permeant employment opportunities.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.