The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by the IT Support Apprentice may include any or all of the items in the following list. This is not an exhausted and duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of IT and Communications Support Officer or the Practice Manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels.
List of duties:
• Providing IT support across the Health Centre. Act as a point of contact for all health centre staff members seeking technical assistance and provide them with the necessary support when required.
• Assisting in administering and maintaining IT services so that the business can operate effectively and efficiently.
• Assist with hardware and software installations.
• To assist with IT Network and Systems issues.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
• To ensure compliance to relevant policies.
• Day to day administration of the network, hardware, software, infrastructure, and end users.
• Monitor IT security and support the administration functions.
• Assist with IT related projects and ad-hoc work.
• Support IT & Communications Support Officer with daily tasks including user queries, health checks, backups, maintenance tasks, and virus, windows installations, and intrusion protection.
• Dealing with dealt for any IT issues and problems. Liaise with our IT support provider DELT to log issues, support requests and track the resolution of problems.
• Provide advice, guidance, and solutions to staff members with technical problems to minimise issues repeating in the future.
• Provide training to staff members on the proper use of hardware and software.
• Install and configure new hardware components (e.g., printers, computers, and monitors).
• Maintain security measures to protect systems and data. This includes keeping software up to date and educating users on security best practices.
• Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of IT systems, assets, and configurations.
• Learn and understand our clinical software “SystmOne” to become a SystmOne champion.