SportPesa is a multi-award-winning global technology and entertainment company founded in 2014 that focuses on sports and entertainment news. Our platforms immediately update sport scores and, in certain markets, offer fully licensed, real money gaming services.
Our drive, dedication and determination have enabled us to open our doors in the iconic Royal Liver Building in Liverpool, the hub of our European Operations.
Since launching here in the UK, we’ve built a tight-knit community of trailblazers and innovators and would love you to be a part of our quest to make every opportunity count.
We are on the lookout for a highly motivated Linux Administrator (DevOps Apprentice) to join our IT Operations and Services department on our apprenticeship programme.
The role is hands-on, providing 2nd & 3rd line IT support, covering all aspects of the IT infrastructure.
The role will be to cover 37.5 hours per week (including any training time) and the apprenticeship will last for 19 months.
Once qualified, some on-call weekend work will be allocated on a rota basis & you will follow a hybrid working pattern with a mixture of working from home & our Liverpool office.
If you think you are up to the challenge and like the sound of us, we would love to hear from you!
The role will include the following activities:
- Delivery & maintenance of new or improved IT system & DevOps solution
- Implementation, management & administration of CI/CD workflows & hardware platforms
- Building, deployment, installation, configuration, testing, monitoring, maintenance & administration of a hybrid infrastructure (cloud & on-premises), operating systems and applications
- Maintaining operations & administration of various systems
- Prioritising, organising and balancing important tasks
Essential experience with:
- Source Control (Git, Bit bucket)
Desirable skills / experience with:
- Monitoring tools
- Cloud Technologies
You will need an interest in or experience demonstrating competence in the activities listed under the vaccancy description as well as interest in gaining a relevant apprenticeship qualification (certification or interest in Linux & DevOps technologies, a degree in Computer Science, NVQ or City & Guilds etc. would be a distinct advantage)
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship
- OR A-Level in a STEM subject (in Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
- OR BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
- OR two years' experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
A competitive trainee starting salary of £23,000 - £24,000 per annum, with reviews after successful completion of your first six months with us (probation) and after successful completion of your apprenticeship
We take pride in ensuring that all team members receive the very best support and company benefits. Our perks are the life and soul of SportPesa!
If you join our growing & very friendly team, you can expect to receive:
- An attractive performance-related bonus scheme
- State of the art offices in a prime waterfront location
- Contributions towards a gym / health club membership
- Seasonal social events, including parties, pub quizzes, sporting and team-building events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) & the Royal Liver Building Occupier
- Loyalty Perks Scheme, café, showers & events programme
- Private medical insurance, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection schemes
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays and opportunities for a hybrid style of working
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to training and development opportunities
- Opportunities to travel to some of our amazing offices abroad (including Las Palmas, South Africa, Tanzania & Kenya)
We are committed to equal opportunities and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, race, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership status. We also welcome neurotypical & neurodiverse applicants & highly appreciate skills & mindsets from all groups. If you may require any reasonable adjustments to help you show us your suitability for a role, please include details with your application.
Help us to grow the business and our brand and we will offer you the opportunity to develop a long-term career with us and support (including study time) to help you progress in your chosen field.
Following successful completion of your apprenticeship, we would be expecting you to progress into a fully-fledged Linux expert with us.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.