If you enjoy working with different groups of the community - and are passionate about being active- we want to hear from you!
As a Walk Derbyshire Development Apprentice, you will be an integral member of the Community Development team at South Derbyshire CVS. This role will be hosted by South Derbyshire CVS and supported by the Walk Derbyshire agenda in South Derbyshire.
You will develop skills to scope, organise and coordinate the delivery of opportunities for local communities to get more people engaged in everyday walking.
You will explore skills to engage and build relationships with partners across the district and provide support to enable them to increase and strengthen walking opportunities and to successfully implement behavioural change skills within their communities.
You will be involved in practical experience of how to develop and devise appropriate walking opportunities and learn how to work with local government bodies and community organisations, the voluntary sector and sport for development agencies.
You will be delivering the vision of the Walk Derbyshire, South Derbyshire Consortium. This is to support families, particularly those with disabilities and long-term health conditions, to engage in everyday walking in the areas of Cadley Park, Church Gresley and Newhall.
- Understand current walking habits within the local community, including routes, barriers, and motivations.
- Understand resident's enablers to engage in more everyday walking, is it motivation (nudges), knowledge of routes (maps), path conditions (staff support or physical interventions), group activity (walking group or family events).
- Gather suggestions, ideas and community champions details that could support more everyday walking in the community.
- Work closely with local community groups, physical activity providers and stakeholders to gather insights into barriers and opportunities around everyday walking.
- Engage in community listening practises from door knocking, to attending events and activities and asking questions and listening to people.
- Attend consortium meetings with partners.
- Support the organisation, planning, and manning of stands at events to gather insights from the community.
- Provide activation recommendations.
- Support the delivery of activation activities
At South Derbyshire CVS you will work towards your L3 Community Sport and Health Officer Apprentice Qualification over 15 Months.