Palace for Life Foundation is the official charity of Crystal Palace F.C. which has been working with the south London community for over 25 years. We use the power of football and the Palace brand to change the lives of young people across south London, particularly the most hard-to-reach and hard-to-help. We work with over 15,000 people each year, inspiring them to find a better path and to lead a healthier life.
As an Apprentice joining our Community Engagement Team, you'd support our staff to create safer, stronger and more inclusive communities. You would also help deliver our flagship community programme Premier League Kicks, using sports participation to engage those hardest to reach youngsters and achieve positive change.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver safe, fun, and engaging sessions, to help enthuse, educate, and motivate our audience.
- Lead and support on the delivery of engaging football and multisport activities in areas of deprivation as part of the PL Kicks project.
- Effectively engage with under-resourced young people (ages 8-18) at sessions; acting as a positive role model to inspire, motivate and empower young people to realise their potential.
- Support part-time kicks coaches, sessional staff and volunteers to ensure that sessions are delivered to the highest quality.
- Ensure all aspects of safeguarding are integrated across the delivery of the project and all activities are delivered in a safe and suitable manner.
- Deliver fun and engaging football sessions and fixtures during the holiday periods as part of the Premier Kicks programme.
- Support in the creation and delivery of workshops and activities to educate and empower participants, predominantly around topics of crime and consequences, female empowerment and mental well-being.
- Support with the delivery of social action projects, tournaments and other events related to the Premier League Kicks project.
- Ensure all participants attending the sessions are registered correctly and data is collected in accordance with GDPR principles.
- Ensure that all data is collected and processed correctly and accurately, is up to date and uploaded to our online monitoring system.
- Survey participants attending sessions to gauge feedback on activities and to demonstrate the impact of the project.
- Support monitoring returns and constantly review the programme to ensure the project achieves its desired outcomes.
- Attend additional training and CPD opportunities linked to the role.
- Work flexible hours, covering evening and weekend work
As an apprentice with Palace for Life Foundation, you will be studying towards a 15-month qualification that will be the Community Coach Activator Level 2 Apprenticeship.