Eat IT Drink IT are a full-service IT Solutions Provider working with hospitality customers across the UK, delivering superb levels of support. Our team of highly experienced engineers are thoroughly committed to improving IT in the hospitality sector; giving staff confidence in the products they offer, whilst ensuring that systems are safe, secure and reliable. Eat IT Drink IT is a one-stop shop and are rightly proud to be the go-to people within our customer base for anything technology-related.
Due to continued growth, Eat IT Drink IT are currently looking for two 1st Line Support Engineers to join their team in their Leeds office. If you have a varied technical knowledge, solid problem-solving abilities, exceptional communication skills coupled with a proactive attitude, this is the role for you.
The Role / Duties:
- The main responsibility of the role will be to integrate into our team initially providing 1st line technical support.
Installing and configuring systems, diagnosing and solving both hardware and software faults and to be an expert user in all company systems providing training and maintaining user guides as necessary by:
- Providing 1st line remote support on both hardware and software to users across all sites
- Maintaining strong positive relationships with all key personnel to ensure a consistently high level of support and service across all customers.
- Continue to develop your IT skills and keep abreast of the latest technologies. Use your ongoing development to support and provide feedback to further enhance existing or new systems.
- Working with your colleagues to maintain internal systems and customer-facing support systems. A strong understanding of how to capture the relevant information and how to then translate this into ‘non-jargon’ for our customer base.
- Work with the team to develop and improve our services to customers by picking up useful feedback and pitching your own ideas for the greater good of the business and customer base.
- Assist in the delivery of a range of exciting new projects and services currently in the pipeline.
In order to be considered for this role, the chosen candidate must be a self-starting individual with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to juggle working with learning.
What we are looking for:
Desired skills and qualities:
- First class communication skills
- Strong customer service / customer experience skills
- A demonstrable passion for all things tech
- The desire to want to have a career within the IT sector
- The ability to use your own initiative and trust the decisions you make
- An intuitive, curios and passionate attitude to learning
- Drive and determination to make the role your own
- Outgoing personality with the ability to build strong working relationships
- A strong team player with the ability to work autonomously
Having a driving licence is not a necessity, but is highly desirable.
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information please visit the UK ENIC website.
£14,000 per annum.
40hrs a week.
In return for the above, Eat IT Drink IT will offer:
- A competitive apprentice salary with a pension scheme
- 20 days holiday + 8 days statutory bank holidays.
- Furthermore, you will be given full exposure to a busy, dynamic and challenging IT role which, combined with the ICT Level 3 apprenticeship, will give you all the tools required to kick start your successful IT career!
For the right individual, Eat IT Drink IT would look to offer a permanent position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.
At Eat IT Drink IT our success is born from the service we give to our customers. They are the prime focus for how our business operates and they help drive the company forward in new and exciting directions. If you have a natural talent for building solid meaningful relationships with customers,, then we want to hear from you!