- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Hamilton Industrial Estate
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
- Apprenticeship Standard
Installation electrician and maintenance electrician (ST0152)
Mealey Electrical Contractors Ltd
However, all electricians will have a broad range of similar technical knowledge and practical skills to enable them to carry out their work safely and correctly.
Some of the things that an electrician will be expected to do are:
· Install, maintain and repair electrical services (e.g. lighting, sockets, fire alarms, emergency lighting & heating controls).
· Work indoors and outdoors and be prepared to sometimes work at height.
· Work with little or no supervision; relying on their own initiative.
· Be prepared to travel away from home.
· Develop good working relationships with people.
· Read both building and engineering drawings.
· Understand wiring and circuit diagrams.
· Select (within limits) materials and equipment.
· Inspect and test electrical installations.
· Diagnose and rectify faults on a range of circuits and equipment
· Write reports.
As you can see, the job of the electrician is varied and interesting and can offer a challenging career.
For more information about this vacancy please contact JTL on 0800 085 2308 (Ref ID: 245913)
and skills are important, and the training is demanding.
Good practical skills to work with hand and
The ability to follow technical drawings and
A methodical approach to work
An ability to pay close attention to detail
A commitment to keep up to date with industry
The ability to work unsupervised and as part
of a team
Good communication skills
The ability to work at height
Normal colour vision
A thorough understanding of safety rules and
All candidates must complete the
JTL Entry Assessment requirements which include 5 online assessments, and a
colour vision certificate (Ishihara Test) obtained from an optician.
Diploma in Electrotechnical Services.
training at a college or training centre.
release depends on college selected.
assessment of competence.
skills if required for Level 2 English and Level 2 Maths.
starts from sign up date.
The work is
Willingness to learn
Good practical aptitude
Capable of meeting the physical demands of the
The advertised apprentice wage will
increase yearly or upon completion of progressive stages. After initially qualifying, you could go on
to supervisory roles, senior management positions or even running your own
Please create a JTL Applicant account or logon and take
You must ensure you load an up-to-date copy of
your CV to your JTL profile.
You will also need to provide proof of Colour
Vision. Please download the JTL Colour Vision Certificate from the
JTL application system and take it to your local optician and ask them to carry
out the test and complete the form for you. Please then upload this form to
your JTL account.