itQED is an IT Managed Services Provider run by a team of enthusiastic and qualified engineers based in Arborfield, Reading.
Our multi-levelled engineers are highly qualified in HP and Microsoft technologies and provide IT support to companies of all sizes in the area.
itQED is a young and dynamic company offering great opportunities in the IT industry and the potential for good career progression.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
This is an opportunity to join a Managed Services Provider as a First Line IT Support Apprentice.
Along with other first line engineers, you will be the first port of call for all IT queries, working on potentially tight time scales, so should be able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks effectively. You may also be required to travel as part of your role.
This apprenticeship will require dedicated and focused individuals to be fully committed to their learning and skillset development.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Logging calls on the helpdesk
- Answering customer queries and learning customers IT systems
- Providing first line IT support
- Triaging calls and escalating where necessary to second line support
- The installation, maintenance and administration of computer equipment and associated software, telecoms, and audio-visual systems
- Conducting training to familiarise yourself with technologies in use within client environments
You will become familiar with the following technologies:
- Windows 10/11
- Server 2016 and above
- Hyper V Virtualisation
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Cloud services
- Networking, Storage
Desired skills & qualities:
- An enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Aptitude for learning new skills
- An interest in IT and career progression within the company
Learning or able to drive:
It will be highly beneficial to have a clean full driving license, as well as your own car – this is benefical but not essential when starting, as travellint to different sites/locations will be introduced to your role around 6 months in - to be confirmed upon interview.
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
37.5 hours per week.
- Free parking
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Healthcare Plan
itQED have a track record of employing and developing apprentices after their apprenticeships are completed, allowing them to continue learning and progress within the business.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.