Established in 2010, Medstrom has developed a strong reputation for providing a reliable, dedicated and trusted service to our partners, across the UK and Ireland. As such, we are strong believers in wellbeing, personal development and feeling valued and appreciated whilst you are at work.
As an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) we have independence in the market which is unlike any other company in the industry and through continued growth we can offer great opportunities for you to develop with our business, which we call the “Medstrom family”.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic IT Support Desk Apprentice to join us at our Head Office in Derby.
You will be enrolled on the Level 3 Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Apprenticeship delivered via on-line virtual classrooms.
You will be based within our small IT team providing support and guidance to staff across the business.
You will support with:
- Providing 1st line support, including user support, hardware and software support
- Administration of online services such as Office 365
- Help to provide administration of equipment, forms and asset tracking, ensuring accurate records are maintained
- Providing end user support and monitoring the IT support emails and tickets raised
- Fixing/ upgrading business IT hardware to include computers, phones and printers
- Mobile device support and administration of mobile devices
- Administration of servers/ computers, including ensuring systems are fully patched
- Administration of anti-virus software ensuring that all computers are free from viruses and malware
- Setting up accounts and equipment for new employees
What we are looking for:
To join us as an IT Support Desk Apprentice, we are looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of computers and an interest in IT equipment
- Basic knowledge of Office 365
- Basic iOS/ Android knowledge
- Basic Windows knowledge
- Flexible attitude with a willingness to support the business if required to accommodate planned or emergency works
- Good communications skills to deal with people from all areas of the business
- Drive, patience and the ability to cope under pressure
- Self-motivated attitude, who's enthusiastic and keen to learn
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
Hours of work:
37.5 per week,
Monday - Friday (approx. 9am - 5pm)
Apprentice salary starts at £15,000 per annum.
- Annual bonus potential
- Contributory pension scheme
- 33 days’ holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Discounts and cashback on shopping, supermarkets, and holidays as part of our rewards scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes including Cycle-to-Work
- Great training, support and mentorship
- Receive a treat on your birthday
- Be a part of an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) and the associated benefits of having a stake in the company
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.