- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner (ST0888)
Thorncliffe Park Day Nursery
Cornerstone nurseries are a Sheffield based group of Nurseries & Preschools offering excellence in Childcare.
They are looking for an apprentice to join their Thorncliffe Park Day Nursery.
- To work alongside staff to give good quality care and education to children 0-5 years.
- Safeguarding requirement: Cornerstone Nurseries Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for guidance.
- To help to set up for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. health and well-being of children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To assist staff to teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe.
- To support meal times within the setting.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- To promote the setting to current parents and potential customers
- Flexible holidays
- Your birthday off paid
- Access to uniform & upskilling
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 246059)
Company website : http://www.cornerstonenurseries.co.uk/index.php
- Willingness to learn and undertake further training
- Some knowledge of child development from birth to five years
- Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- A commitment to working effectively with young children and families
- A friendly and flexible approach
- Good use of English language
- Experience with children,
- Some EYFS knowledge with willingness to learn first aid & safeguarding information
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your
employer. Thorncliffe Park Day Nursery will
provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your
role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your
You will be working towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship
standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional skills in Maths and
English if required
This will be delivered through Thorncliffe
Park Day Nursery’s dedicated training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an
exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late
- Potential to have level 3 position on completion of all training
- Enhanced DBS will be required for the position