- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Ascent Performance Ltd
- Dealing with all aspects of a litigation
focused debt recovery process on behalf of our clients. This could include
either a consumer, commercial or mortgage repossession environment.
- Ensuring all relevant processes are followed
with dates diarised and followed up in a timely manner in line with client
service levels and court processes.
- Compile witness statements or completion of
court documentation as required as part of the recovery process.
- Answer client queries and provide status
updates/advice in a professional and efficient manner whether this is via
email communication or verbally via the telephone.
- Ensure all work undertaken is in line with internal and client service
- Liaise with external third party companies, agents or other representing
parties as required.
- Treat all customers fairly, professionally and act within legislation,
compliance and codes of practice.
- In addition to the above, you may be
required to carry out any other reasonable request as required by the Team
Leader/Head of Department.
Rewards and Benefits:
working – once initial training is completed (6-8 weeks)
to 22 days’ holiday with option to “buy” up to 35 hours extra holiday
days – two paid days of volunteering every year for a cause of your choice
to Work scheme
and flexible pension schemes
discretionary bonus scheme
season ticket loans
For more information about this vacancy please contact Damar Training on 0161 480 8171 (Ref ID: 246061)
Company website : https://www.ascent.co.uk/
- Microsoft / Computer literate –
be able to navigate work/excel documents
- Works well in both a
team and on their own
- Has a professional and
committed attitude and seeks to aspire to targets set
- Computer literate in all
Microsoft Office programs
- Has a strong attention
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable handling
large work load under time constraints
- Sound knowledge of law
and legal System
- Strong organisational
- Familiar with electronic
document management and filing systems
- 5 x GCSE
including maths & english Grade C/4 or above
- 3 x A-Levels at A-C grade
Level 3 Paralegal apprenticeship standard
- Organised – able to manage
- Flexible – be able to work in
priority as day plan changes
- Team Player – be able to work
well within team
- Communication – good communicator
verbal & written
- Keen to learn – a lot of
information to take in
Career development is important to them and you’ll find many
opportunities for you to develop. They support each other to achieve incredible things and make a real
difference to the clients, customers and communities they support.
Whatever your role is, you’ll have the chance to develop
professionally and have your say. Their motto is together we support financial
wellbeing and you’ll find that reflected in all that we do.
Damar is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our apprentices and expects our employer partners to share this commitment and to take appropriate steps to ensure that learning takes place in a safe, healthy and supportive environment.