Job DescriptionApprentice (Assistant Project Coordinator) (22060)Job ID: 22060
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Are you ready to live your future? Life as a United Utilities apprentice is full of benefits.
With a range of award-winning roles on offer, you're bound to find your future career. We see our apprentices are well looked after, with a generous salary, 26 days leave excluding bank holidays, 10 driving lessons to help to get you on the road and many more benefits.
Want to be part of building a greener, healthier and stronger North West? Come and join us! We'll provide you with industry leading skills and the experience you'll need to succeed in your career.
Start living your future, today
You'll work closely with our Project teams in the Capital Delivery department of United Utilities. The team is involved with a variety of different construction project including improvements to existing Water and Wastewater works, laying new pipe through fields and towns, building shafts and tunnels to store rainwater and installing new security measures. This type of work can be disruptive to our customers and stakeholder so during the apprenticeship you will learn how to be the expert on all things customer within the project team. You will work closely with the Project Manager, Project Engineer and many others in the project delivery team to ensure customers are communicated to and the impact of our work is kept to a minimum.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region to engage with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life
A bit more about the role
During this 24 month apprenticeship you'll learn Construction Project Management techniques for the management of programme, cost and assurance activities with regard to contractor performance. You will learn to utilise the various risk management and stakeholder techniques to understand project progress and deploy the tools needed to support this. You will learn and gain experience managing external stakeholders such as local, parish and county council representatives and all about highway legislation
Successful apprentices will achieve Associate Project Manager, Level: 4 as part of the formal element of you training and a variety of in house and on the job training.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- Construction techniques employed in building new assets, and why some are favoured over others.
- About different types of contract, where they are employed and how to administer them commercially.
- People skills, for managing conflict, negotiation and health and safety behaviours.
- About the water and wastewater network and process, and the requirement to build new assets.
- About health, safety, welfare and environmental management, the law, the requirements and how to review if these are being met.
- How to review things against a standards or guidelines to ensure that the quality required is met.
- How important customer and stakeholder management are to successful construction management.
Knowledge and Skills
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in your role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C or grades 9-4, which must include Maths, English and a Science or Technology subject.
- Plus a Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship or BTEC etc with 48 UCAS points) or equivalent work experience (typically 2 years in relevant role)
What you'll get from us:
- Rewarding essentials – there's lot of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £18,000 which will increase each year based on performance
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our young talent in state of the art facilities
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices
You'll need to drive or be learning to drive, as this is a field based role which requires mobility.
*As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 03/03/24
APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW