Job DescriptionApprentice (Data Analyst) (21940)Job ID: 21940
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Are you ready to live your future? Life as a United Utilities apprentice is full of benefits.
With a range of award-winning roles on offer, you're bound to find your future career. We see our apprentices are well looked after, with a generous salary, 26 days leave excluding bank holidays, 10 driving lessons to help to get you on the road and many more benefits.
Want to be part of building a greener, healthier and stronger North West? Come and join us! We'll provide you with industry leading skills and the experience you'll need to succeed in your career.
Start living your future, today
Come and join us as an apprentice Data Analyst, you'll learn how collect, organise, analyse and help to improve United Utilities data. Therefore, you will provide business insight so we can deliver our business services.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region to engage with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life
A bit more about the role
During this 24 month apprenticeship, you'll work on lots of different projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of issues by making recommendations. You'll be dealing with a number of internal stakeholders so you'll need to have some good personal skills too.
Successful apprentices will achieve Data Analyst level 4 which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn to:
- Work as part of a dedicated team
- Identify, collect and migrate data to/from a range of internal and external systems
- Manipulate and link different data sets as required
- Interpret and apply data and information security standards, policies and procedures to data management activities
- Collect and compile data from different sources
Knowledge and Skills
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in your role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C or grades 9-4, which must include Maths, English and a Science or Technology subject.
- Plus a Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship or BTEC etc with 48 UCAS points) or equivalent work experience (typically 2 years in relevant role)
What you'll get from us:
- Rewarding essentials – there's lot of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £18,000 which will increase each year based on performance
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our young talent in state of the art facilities
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices
*As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service
Closing Date: 03/03/24 APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW