Apprentice (Process Operator) (21951)Job ID: 21951
Location: Ellesmere Port, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per weekJob Purpose
Are you ready to live your future? Life as a United Utilities apprentice is full of benefits.
With a range of award-winning roles on offer, you're bound to find your future career. We see our apprentices are well looked after, with a generous salary, 26 days leave excluding bank holidays, 10 driving lessons to help to get you on the road and many more benefits.
Want to be part of building a greener, healthier and stronger North West? Come and join us! We'll provide you with industry leading skills and the experience you'll need to succeed in your career.
Start living your future, today
Come and join us as an apprentice process operator you'll play a vital role in ensuring our customers' wastewater is taken care of by learning how to operate our Wastewater Treatment works.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region to engage with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life
A bit more about the role
No two days are ever the same as an apprentice process operator.
During your 24 month programme, you'll learn how to undertake operational activities on a variety of wastewater treatment processes and the equipment we use to treat our wastewater to make sure it complies with strict compliance regulations.
This can be a bit of a messy job dealing with the things our customers flush down the loo so you'll need to be prepared to get your hands dirty.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Level 2 Wastewater Process Operative which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
What you'll learn from us:
- How to work as part of a team to ensure our wastewater treatment works run smoothly and comply with strict health and safety and compliance regulations
- How to follow our site procedures and ensure compliance with environmental regulations and key business performance targets
Knowledge and Skills
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in your role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have 2 GCSEs, grades A-C or grades 9-4 or equivalent in Maths and English
What you'll get from us:
- Rewarding essentials – there's lot of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £18,000 and further increases each year based on performance.
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our young talent in state of the art facilities
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices
During your first year, you'll spend three working days a week, out of every month for the first 10 months, at our technical training centre in Bolton. If you're from outside of the area, accommodation will be provided for this period, excluding weekends.
*As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service
Closing Date: 03/03/24 APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW