Job DescriptionApprentice (Project Control Technician) (21995)Job ID: 21995
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Are you ready to live your future? Life as a United Utilities apprentice is full of benefits.
With a range of award-winning roles on offer, you're bound to find your future career. We see our apprentices are well looked after, with a generous salary, 26 days leave excluding bank holidays, 10 driving lessons to help to get you on the road and many more benefits.
Want to be part of building a greener, healthier and stronger North West? Come and join us! We'll provide you with industry leading skills and the experience you'll need to succeed in your career.
Start living your future, today
Do you have interest in how projects are managed? Do you ever wonder how your water gets from reservoirs to your tap and what happens when you flush? United Utilities Projects range from maintenance, new build and repairs to all of our sites and networks.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region to engage with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life
A bit more about the role
During your 36 month programme you will support project managers and their teams who are responsible for:
- Designing and building new treatment works and networks to ensure clean drinking water is supplied to our customers and the efficient and safe disposal of waste water.
- Maintaining our existing sites and networks to meet the standards laid down by our regulators and expected by our customers.
- Supporting projects to help better environmental management of our Land, Rivers and Coastline.
This work will include helping project managers forecast delivery dates, estimate costs for the work and to monitor how well the project is going based on the plans put together by the team, by learning how to operate our systems
Successful apprentices will achieve a Level 3 Project Control Technician Standard endorsed by the Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB)
What you'll learn from us:
- How to work as a team to ensure our wastewater and water projects run smoothly and comply with plans and regulatory targets.
- How to manage information to support us delivering projects on time and cost to the agreed quality.
Knowledge and Skills
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in your role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C or grades 9-4 which must include Maths, English and a Science or Technology subject.
What you'll get from us:
- Rewarding essentials – there's lot of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £18,000 and further increases each year based on performance.
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices.
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our young talent in state of the art facilities.
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices.
During your first year you will undertake the ECITB Certificate course by distance learning and gaining work experience. Year 2 and 3 will be the ECITB Diploma course which is based on you completing a series of modules working at your own pace and submitting them for assessment when you feel ready.
The apprenticeship is concluded with an end point assessment (EPA) which is an externally assessed interview and presentation covering all the topics you have learned over the full apprenticeship.
The role will be based in Warrington until completion of the apprenticeship and then there are opportunities to work from other sites depending on the level of support needed by the projects we work with.
* As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 03/03/24 APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW