- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Production chef (ST0589)
IHG ® Hotels & Resorts - Kimpton Charlotte Square
Why choose IHG Hotels and Resorts to kick-start your Kitchen career?
- £11.60 per hour whilst on the programme, with the chance to apply for a Commis Chef across our restaurants upon completion and continue your career with us
- Unique chance to learn our award-winning Kitchen, BABA restaurant, and experience the fast-paced environment of an extremely popular restaurant
- Our full investment into kick-starting your career – you will be provided with everything you need to succeed, such as a personalised Chefs jacket, full set of knives, masterclasses, and supplier visits!
- Recognised qualifications – you will gain your Level 2 in Food Production and Cooking after completion of the programme
- Learning from the best – you will gain a great amount of knowledge from experienced Chefs throughout our hotels and your mentor will be able to give you valuable insight
- Our benefits - we offer a huge range of benefits including an incredible employee discount programme across all our properties; discounts at many retailers; generous friends and family discounts; opportunities to learn, grow and progress; enhanced sick pay, maternity pay and paternity pay; and lots more!
To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- study for at least 20% of your working hours
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
Levels of an apprenticeship
Each apprenticeship has a level and an equivalent education level. You can start an apprenticeship at any level.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll achieve the equivalent education level. For example, if you complete a level 3 apprenticeship, you’ll achieve the equivalent of an A level.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Inspiro Learning Limited on 0 (Ref ID: 246158)
Passion for food and a large interest in professional kitchens, excited to start a career by creating special culinary experiences!
You do not have to have any qualifications to be successful in your application for this role.
Level 2 Food Production and Cooking Framework
Apprenticeship Frameworks are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentice’s chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 15 months training and the employer and Inspiro's regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
- • High personal and professional standards - willing to dedicate 15 months to the programme and give it your all
- • A desire to learn on-the-job whilst receiving continuous support from our experienced chefs
- • Above all, willing to get stuck in and make the most of this opportunity!
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you may be offered a permanent position with Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel. With the opportunity to progress within the company.