- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
Education & Training
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years educator (ST0135)
Little Oaks Nursery
Little Oaks Nursery have an exciting opportunity for a level 3 apprentice to join their nursery. The team work together to create an environment where children feel secure, and activities are provided which will foster a sense of curiosity and need to explore in each and every child.
Duties will include:
The ability and willingness to:
- To work with children
- To safeguard all children
- To attend training
- To complete all assignments set
- To work cooperatively as part of a team
- To attend associated training
- To liaise with mentor
- Attending teaching and learning meetings with your tutor and completing assignments to a high standard and on time
- To attend team meetings and contributing ideas to support children’s learning experiences.
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including changing and feeding
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- To interact with children in the nursery and promote children’s learning.
- To be aware of and implement all the nursery’s policies and procedures
- Support all staff and engage in a cooperative highly motivated and productive staff team
- To attend out of working hours’ activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parent’s evenings, fairs etc.
- Contribute to high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in nursery
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 246204)
Company website : https://www.littleoaksnurseryleeds.co.uk/
- Empathy and understanding of children under five
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents
- Ability to write reports and Keep clear and accurate records
- Excellent organizational skills
- Administrative and basic IT skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D) desirable/essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) desirable/essential
- A level 2 in early years or experience in an early years setting
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your
employer. Little Oaks Nursery will provide you with all of the
on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job
learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
You will be working towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
This will be delivered through Little Oaks Nursery’s dedicated
training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an
exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- A good sense of humour
Achievement of the Advanced Apprenticeship will enable apprentices to access higher level jobs within the wider childcare sector, e.g. Room Leader, Nursery Supervisor or Nursery Manager.
There is also opportunity for apprentices to go on to further study at higher levels, particularly the Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner apprenticeship standard.