- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
When you join British Sugar, you can expect a competitive starting salary of £23,877, which is reviewed annually. Additionally, you'll enjoy the benefit of 26 days holiday plus bank holidays. At British Sugar, we prioritise rewarding our employees for their dedication and contributions, ensuring a supportive and fulfilling work environment.
As a Multi-skilled Engineering Apprentice, you'll learn how to safely maintain our sugar packaging lines and warehouse equipment, to effectively and efficiently manufacture, store and despatch sugar products which meet all quality standards and customer expectations.
The scheme gives you the opportunity to:
- Gain a solid knowledge of maintenance and operational practices, processes and procedures covering a range of plant and equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical production systems.
- Understand the systems and procedures to work safely and efficiently.
- Understand and live the values by which we work.
- Develop behavioural skills to be a great team member.
The equipment you will be working on at site will be bulk conveying systems, milling and packaging machines, palletising robots, pallet conveyors and you will carry out engineering activities including routine maintenance, fault finding and diagnosis, testing and commissioning.
A 48-month programme, following the Food and Drink Maintenance Engineer Standard, achieving a Level 3 Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance qualification and all the practical experience alongside to be ready to move into an Electrical/Mechanical Technician role.
During your scheme you will be working from our Wissington factory site, 5-days a week, Monday-Friday for 8 hours each day and attending college 3 days per week in year 1, 2 days per week in year 2 and 1 day per week in year 3. When you move into a Electrical/Mechanical Technician role you will work a variable shift pattern that will include weekends and bank holidays.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref ID: 246298)
Company website : https://careers.britishsugar.co.uk/apprenticeships/
What will you need?
- Be aged 16 and over
- Be living and eligible to work in the UK
- To be able to travel to attend college weekly
- Live our values of staying safe, drive to action, working together, respecting each other and being open and flexible
- Have achieved or predicted a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Level 4/C which must include Maths, English and a Science
British Sugar is committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive, within a culture of inclusion; a culture that empowers and respects everyone.