At 3t, we are passionate about up-skilling and empowering workforces to ensure a prosperous future where all workers, organisations and our industries thrive.
3t is the combination of world-leading companies that are together transforming training in the energy, and wider safety-critical sectors, combining cutting-edge immersive technology with award-winning high-impact workforce training.
Together, we are training the workforce of the future.
3t Training Services is the UK’s largest and leading provider of training for the oil and gas, wind, and power industries, and a major player globally, whilst also making a significant impact on the wider and utilities sectors including gas, electric, and water.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
The role is a customer facing role, which will involve providing administration support within our busy Medical department.
£14,435.20 per annum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To receive visitors at the Medical Suite and ensure the correct paperwork is issued
- Assist with audiometry testing
- Inputting and processing of learner data
- Scanning, filing and photocopying of medical documentation
- Undertake additional administrative duties for Clinical Staff as and when required
The job holder is expected to be flexible and undertake additional duties commensurate with the overall responsibilities of the job, and that are within their competence, when required.
At 3t our values of Innovation, Collaboration and Excellence are at the heart of what we do and reflect what is important to 3t, how we operate and fulfil our vision.
We are looking for future colleagues who believe in the power of working together by being open and respectful, think creatively and dare to be different to find solutions and are dedicated, driven and passionate to strive for excellence.
Desired skills / experience and qualities:
- Excellent organisation & communication skills
- High level of accuracy
- Good telephone manner
- Computer literate
- Able to work to within set deadlines
- Experience of handling sensitive and confidential data
- Pleasant and helpful but assertive
- Ability to remain calm during busy periods or when dealing with challenging situations
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
Working hours detailed below.
- Monday – 12.00pm – 8.00pm
- Tuesday – 10.00am – 6.00pm
- Wednesday – 10.00am – 6.00pm
- Thursday – 10.00am – 6.00 pm
- Friday - 8.00am – 4.30pm
37.5hrs per week
- 33 days AL (mandatory days off to cover Christmas and New Year)
- Provided lunches from onsite canteen
- HSF Health Scheme 2
- Cycle to Work Scheme
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.