At Waterfield House Surgery you will be supporting the business all round by being at the front desk - booking appointments, answering queries, communication with GP/Nurses on behalf of patients; back office function includes registrations, prescriptions, filing and administration.
Key Areas Of Responsibility:
- Filing and Administration.
Performance will be satisfactory when:
- There is prompt response to all patient enquiries face to face, on the phone, by email and letter.
- Patients are informed if a doctor is running late or called out.
- The phone is answered within 4 rings politely with an appropriate greeting.
- The messages are logged on the clinical system with full details of receipt, and passed to the relevant practice member as soon as possible.
- A helpful and courteous manner is evident.
- Confidentiality clauses in the contract are adhered to.
- Non clinical patient care, i.e. dealing with requests for information, test results, requests to speak with clinical staff are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Patients have easy access to any relevant leaflets, support groups, carers, PPG, associations etc.
- All patient interactions are dealt with confidentially and any confidential paperwork is dealt with in accordance with practice protocol.
- All queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors to the practice are handled promptly and appropriately.
- Clinicians are not interrupted during surgery unless it is an emergency. The message facility on EMIS is used to bring urgent requests to a clinician's attention.
At Waterfield House Surgery, you will be working towards a Customer Service Level 2 apprenticeship over the course of 15 months.