- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
When you join British Sugar, you can expect a competitive starting salary of £23,877, which is reviewed annually. Additionally, you'll enjoy the benefit of 26 days holiday plus bank holidays. At British Sugar, we prioritise rewarding our employees for their dedication and contributions, ensuring a supportive and fulfilling work environment.
Please note, this role is known as Process Engineering Apprentice on the employer's website.
You will learn our unique process of producing refined sugar from sugar beet by using heat, cooling, pressure or a chemical/biochemical agent into an end product. You will also assist in the installation operation, planned preventative maintenance and repair of machinery such as pumps, turbines or compressors.
A 30-month learning programme, following the Science Manufacturing Technician Standard, achieving a Level 3 Process Technology qualification and all the practical experience alongside, to be ready to move into a Process Technician role. This is an exciting opportunity if you are career-minded with an interest in Science & Engineering and looking for a role being hands-on with industrial equipment and using the latest process control and computer automation technology.
Working from our Newark factory site, on a 12-hour shift pattern of 4 days at work and then 4 days not at work. This includes working some weekends and bank holidays.
This scheme gives you the opportunity to:
- Learn how the key operational functions Extraction, Refinery, Pulp Management, Energy, Co-Products and Customer Supply work within our factories.
- Gain a solid knowledge of our processes and equipment.
- Understand our systems and procedures to work safely and efficiently.
- Develop behavioural skills to be a great team member.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref ID: 246473)
Company website : https://careers.britishsugar.co.uk/apprenticeships/
What will you need?
- Be aged 18 and over as at 1 September 2024 for this shift based role
- Be living and eligible to work in the UK
- Live our values of staying safe, drive to action, working together, respecting each other and being open and flexible
- Have achieved or predicted a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Level 4/C which must include Maths, English and a Science
British Sugar is committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive, within a culture of inclusion; a culture that empowers and respects everyone.